Chapter 26: There May Not Be a Tomorrow

Des was standing outside of the Whyte Wyrm when I arrived. She saw the look on my face and decided to just let me go, she handed me my mother's jacket that I pulled over my shoulders proudly as I made my way into the bar. I by passed all the drunk Serpents who were talking about revenge. Sweet Pea grabbed my arm.
"Quinn, what-"
"I need you to trust me." I cut him off pulling my arm from his grasp. I stepped up onto the small stage where a pool stood. I glared at it knowing all to well what it was for.

"SOUTHSIDE SERPENTS!" I called. The room quickly got quiet. "I am Kathleen Halia Quinn. Daughter of Beatrice "BabyGirl" Quinn. I am here today to bring light to our current situation."
"What do you know child?" One of the older Serpents spoke getting a rise out of some of the others.
"I know, with attainable evidence that FP Jones is innocent in the crimes against Jason Blossom!" Again the room goes pin drop silent. "This evening a group of Riverdale high school students and I were told where we could find a shred of evidence that supported FP's innocence. We found the Blossom boy's Letterman jacket, but hidden within the lining was a flash drive. On which the video from the basement here at the Wyrm. Mustang was seen tying the boy to a chair and taunting him until none other than his own father came into the room. The video also showed Clifford Blossom pulling the trigger himself." The room erupts with applause. I held up my hands to quiet the room back down.  "By now the Sheriff and the Blossoms are aware of the events that took place that night. We must all remain patent as FP gets released." One of the older members of the gang step on to the stage with me.
"You're the girl FP let join us without having to do the serpent dance, aren't you?" He looked at me with wild eyes.
"I am indeed." I took a step forward "And if you have a problem with that you can take it up with me right here in front of everyone." He looked out the crowed.
"What will you do about it?" Des steps forward and I shake my head. I take a step backwards towards the poll. I walk around it a few times my hand high above my head, I build up some momentum before throwing my body around the poll. My boots hit the guy square in the chest and he stumbles backward falling to one knee. I grab his hair and jerk his head up to me.
"I am a Quinn through and through, we may not injure another Serpent but don't think for a second I wont make your life a living hell." I throw his head out of my hand. Some of the women in the room start to clap. "Does anyone else have an issue with how I became a Serpent?" Everyone looks around the room seeing if anyone raises their hand. Sweet Pea grabs a cup and jumps onto the stage next to me.
"Long Live Kathleen Quinn!" The room erupts with applause once again as they all cheer to my name.

I climb off of the stage with Sweet Pea, Des is standing there with her arms wide open.
"You looked like a true ruler up there sweetie." She kisses my head pulling me into a hug.
"Thank you Des. I should really be getting back to the others..." I make my way out of the Wyrm.

"Kat!" I turn around to see Sweet Pea running out of the bar.
"Hey Sweets, what's up."
"How are you?" He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. I look to his Serpent tattoo on the side of his neck with a small smile.
"Doing better than last night, that is for sure."
"And you and the Jones kid?"
"Are taking a break... but getting into anything new now would be unfair to you and me."
"I know. I'm sorry." I step forward giving him a kiss on his cheek
"Don't be. The moment I'm ready, I'll give you a call."
"Anytime Quinn, for any reason." He winks before heading back inside.

***********

Clifford Blossom was dead. I was standing out side of the Sheriff's station where Jughead and Sheriff Keller were yet again asking FP for names of the southsiders who were working with Mr. Blossom. Jughead finally comes out of the station shaking his head.
"He wouldn't give anything up." He whines. I roll my eyes
"Thats cause there is nothing to give up Jug. The Serpents don't deal that kind of stuff."
"Maybe Des and the ones you know don't but someone does." I stop and scoff. "What?"
"I'm sorry but all of the sudden you sound just like one of our friends at school. You don't honestly believe that some Serpents are lying to your dad about their business?"
"It wouldn't be the first time, just look at Mustang."
"I can't believe you Jug." I shake my head pulling my backpack tighter to my chest. "I should really get going, I have to finish my portfolio." I start walking faster. I can hear Jughead marching in the snow trying to keep up. Riverdale was completely covered and usually that made me over joyed, the snow reminded me of when we were kids. But now something just felt off.