Chapter Nine: Please Don't Forget Me.

I ventured over to the Andrews's house for supper. Fred was always a stand in father for me. After we finished I followed Archie to his room.
"Damn Archibald, It really hasn't changed much has it." He chuckles as I sit in his desk chair.
"No. Not really." I chuckle seeing the large punching bag hanging from the ceiling.
"I'll have to remember you have that so if I'm ever pissed off I can come over a through some safe punches." He chuckles. I lean in the chair to where I can see Betty's room across the way. "I forgot how clear the shot was from one room to the other." He again chuckles
"Yeah" I stand up.
"Well I got to head out. I'll see you at school. And Archie, please don't wallow." He looks at me sideways.
"I don't wallow"
"Sure you don't. Good night Arch" I walk down the stairs calling goodbye to Fred and start walking to pops. I've been avoiding going home for as long as possible, so I stay at Pops until late.
"Hey Pop" I call the man over.
"Whats up Kat?"
"I was wondering. You are always so busy and I only really ever see you working and maybe Hermione. You hiring by any chance?"
"I'll get back to you. You spend so much time here anyway I'll see where I can put you."
"Thanks Pop." He smiles before getting up. I leave Pops on a high note calling bye to the man behind the counter. I make it home and get a little bit of sleep before the hall to school. I pull on light blue jeans with holes in them and a black skin tight crop top that has lots of little straps around the collar, even though it was low cut. I pull on my black combat boots and a grey flannel I do my makeup with a the normal winged eyeliner that could cut a bitch and my red lipstick of choice. I not before grabbing my leather jacket and bag. I walk out the door and hop on my bike.

Jughead and I are sitting on a desk in the Blue and Gold where Kevin is setting up a murder board. Betty was sitting on one of the other desks send Jughead and I somewhat dirty looks at how close we were sitting.
"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed."
"Any leads on who did that? Or what they were looking for?" Jughead speaks up.
"Nope. No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews." After that the door opened and everyone looked at Trev who walked in shyly.
"Hey, Betty..."
"Trev, hi!" Yes please turn your attention away from my.... well, Jughead and I weren't anything but best friends who almost had sex... That has to mean something, right?

"Sorry to interrupt..."
"Oh, No... Uh, it's okay. were just, uh, working on..."
"Our murder board." Jug said matter-of-factly.
"Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?
"Absolutely, it's a date." The boys give her different looks, I almost wanted to cheer until she continued "I mean, I'll... I'll see you there. Bye."
"Peace out. See ya"
"Peace out. Bye"
"Going on a date with Trev?" Kevin starts "Does Mama Cooper know about that?"
"Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Sadly "Okay, she's out of town at a Women in Journalism spa retreat. Anyway, it's not a 'date' date."
"You just called it a date." Jughead said in a way that was almost sad.
"You literally said, 'Its a date'" I finished Jug's statement.
"Thats just my cover. Really, it's an intelligence gathering mission. We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't" Betty continues. "The kids at Riverdale High. You know maybe Trev knows something about Jason he didn't think was important." I put my hand on Jughead's knee. He looks down at me and smiles lightly.

A little while later we are joined by Veronica as we all walk along the bleachers to Archie for lunch. Jughead and I holding hands as discreetly as possible.
"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev."
I whisper to Jug "How is Nicholas Sparks a good thing? At least one of the main characters die..." Jughead tries not to laugh as he looks at me
"Just let her have her moment I guess."
"Speaking of a moment." We sit down and I lean closer to him "We need to talk about the Drive-in." It was almost as if Jughead gulped.
"Yeah we do" The two of us then turned back to Veronica who was now pestering Archie.
"What about you, Archie? How's life in a PG world?" I look at Jug with wide eyes. "PG. Post-Grundy. What, to soon?" Damn that girl is savage.
"Coach Clayton says I have a shot at being varsity captain. So I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie turns away from us
"And you're back to being boring." The raven haired girl complains eating her fries. I tap her shoulder so she turns around. I steal some fries with my free hand and hope she doesn't look at my other one.
"I might be working at Pops soon. Avoiding my aunt at all costs" I chuckle
"Why what happened."
"The night of the drive in my aunt basically told me she wants me out of Riverdale. So much so she had a friend of mine start packing my shit while I was at the Drive-in."
"Yikes that's harsh." Veronica says as we turn back to Betty and Archie who had apparently finished a moment. We also saw as Valerie walking over.
"I know Ms. Grundy was tutoring you" Valerie says.
"Understatement of the year" Ronnie and I say in unison earning a glare from Betty with a smirk and a high five from Ronnie.
"But there's this amazing songwriter from New York, who's an adjunct at Carson College. Incredible mentor. He does some coaching on the side and I told him about you. You wanna meet him?" She smirks a little.
"Yeah, yeah I'd love to but football..."
"No, Archie can. And he will." Betty says smacking Archie's arm.
"Call him if you want, but do it soon. His spots fill up fast." Val shoves a piece of paper into Archie's breast pocket and lets her hand linger for a second.
"Thank you, Val." She smirks before getting up and leaving.
"Hey, now you have zero excuse for avoiding music." Betty smiles.
"Sorry to interrupt Sad Breakfast Club, But I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend." Cheryl starts handing out invitations to all of us. "To my surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest-list. In case you're tempted to steal our silver candlesticks, don't. We will be searching bags." Cheryl also stops and gives me a small look.
"Please RSVP for the other thing in your invitation. I need it." She sighs I nod before walking away.
"Hey, try to remember, she is burying her brother."
"And that's the hardest thing a younger sister or twin has to do" I say pulling out my phone and texting Cheryl.
Me- I'll be there.
CB<3- Thank God, I can't do it alone.
Me- I know.