Chapter Eleven: The Tail of The Sisters

Jughead and I were standing on the end of Betty's street.
"Are you sure you want to come?" Jughead looks over at me.
"I'm sure Jug. Polly was my brother's friend and I'm Betty's." He nods and we walk towards the Cooper house. Once we get inside the four of us sit around the table with pancakes and orange juice. Alice stares Betty down while stirring her coffee, meanwhile Jughead and I chow down on the food. I glance up at one point to see Alice looking over at me and Jug.
"So, Jughead...Kathleen... I suppose we have you two to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness?" Alice looks back to Betty with her arms crossed.
"Actually, Mom, I was the one who asked Jughead to help me write it for the Blue and Gold."
"Relax, Betty. I'm just making conversation. How about you Kathleen, how did you get to write for the Blue and Gold?"
"Ms. Cooper, you know I'm not a writer. I take pictures" Alice nods.
"Yes, you did amazing work for the register."
"Thank you" I smile nodding slowly while Jughead and Betty exchange glances. Jughead puts his orange juice down.
"Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" I look to Jughead before glancing at the table.
"Sure, I'll show you." Betty goes to stand
"No, no. I'll show him." Alice stands "Follow me..." The two walk off. Betty and I jump up searching through her mom's purse to find anything. I start looking through drawers. Betty pulls out her mom's check book.
"Kat, we are good I got what I need."
"If you are sure." I shut the drawer and go back over to Betty who was taking pictures of the check book. I look down at my watch.
"Shit, I gotta go. Tell Jughead I'll see him later?" Betty nods as I run from the house all the way to the school. I make it to the Auditorium just in time for Archie's audition. I slide in the back next to Reggie.
"Well, Well. Kathleen Quinn. What get tired of Donnie Darko, came back to the Mantle?" Reggie puts his feet on the floor as I pull out my camera.
"Actually Reggie, I'm year for yearbook." I start snapping some pictures then change settings before continuing. Archie was just standing on stage and then I hear Kevin's voice.
"Archie Andrews? And what will you be auditioning with?" Reggie leans to put his arm around me.
"Come one Quinn give me another chance..." I remember the playbook.
"To what Reggie, get with 'the southside princess' again? A whole, what was it, nine points? Like hell." I get up and move to the front where I see Ronnie. I go and kneel down in front of her continuing to take pictures. That is when I hear the football player's responding to Archie.
"Try harder!"
"Maybe try not sucking so much." Ronnie sees me move to jump up and she just puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Take your time, Archie. Though we do have people waiting." I take the seat next to Kevin who smiles as I snap his picture. "Archie? Clock's ticking." I reach over and put my hand on Kevin's arm. He just pats it,
"Excuse me. Sorry, I gotta go." I sigh shaking my head.
"Okay, please tell me I didn't miss much"
"No not really."
"Good." I lean back in the chair. I look over my shoulder to see Reggie smirking, but when he sees me it softens into a smile. If you had asked it almost seemed apologetic. I roll my eyes and finish snapping pictures for the yearbook. I'm standing up by the stage changing out SD cards when someone sits in front of me.

"Look Quinn, I messed up. Big time." It was just me and Reggie alone in the auditorium everyone had left for the morning.
"You think?" I look up at Reggie. "What did you tell everyone?"
"After you ran from the after party with Betty, you came back. We also played seven minutes in Heaven."
"How did the boys believe that?"
"Well only some did, that's why it didn't get out. Not to mention I felt bad about it, especially after you stood up for Jones. I realized what I lost."
"Exactly Mantle you lost..."
"I'm not looking for a relationship or anything. Just friends, please Quinn..."
"Are you begging?"
"You are the only girl I can stand here and you actually call me out on my bullshit, I need someone like that in my life." I roll my eyes.
"Fine Mantle, friends." I sigh packing up my camera then I turn and leave, searching for Jughead. I found him in the Blue and Gold office with Betty, I didn't make any noise when walking in I just stood there.