Chapter Five: Truth be Told I'm Lying

Cheryl is removed from class by Sheriff Keller and Weatherbee. My throat feels like it is closing up as Jughead puts his arm around my shoulder pulling me towards him.
"What does she mean she is guilty? She killed Jason?" Tears start to fall as Jughead rubs my back. I wipe my tears and sigh looking back at him with a small smile.

"We will see what happens okay Kat."
"Okay Juggie" I smile turning back towards Dr. Phylum

***********

I walk up to Archie just as Cheryl is dragged out by Mr and Mrs. Blossom.
"Damn, Cheryl" I sigh before tucking my head and continuing on. I wanted nothing more than to be in Desiree's trailer where I could cry for Jason and Perry, the brothers together again. 

Lucky for me the rest of the school day goes by rather quickly. I needed to be somewhere that I felt safe, sure Desiree's trailer was home but there was a place I had been avoiding for too long. I pass Jughead on the way off of school
"Hey Kat, where you going?" He catches up with me.
"Its time Jug, I need to go to the summer cabin." I stop and look at him. "I need to be with her." He nods grabbing my hand.
"Need company?" I nod pulling him towards my bike.

The ride out to sweet water river has always been one of my favorite things. I pull the bike into one of the last camping ground parking lots before hoping off. I grab my backpack before taking Jug's hand.
"I can't remember the last time I was out here" He chuckles
"I can. You, Archie, and I came out here it was a few weeks before... We sat around the house playing board games and tag. Until Archie tripped and rolled into the river. He was somewhat banged up and we had to call his dad to come get him."
"He was fine but we were still grounded, though that didn't mean much back then."
"It still doesn't" I chuckle.

I can finally see the cabin come into view. It wasn't anything special, just big enough for a family of four.  It had been passed down through the family for years. I pull out the key Desiree gave me July 3rd when we were going to come out here. I open the door to find dust everywhere.
"So what are we doing today?" Jughead sits his bag inside the door.
"We are just going through some of the boxes, I need something of Mom's" Jughead nods and we move to the master room were my parents entire life was sitting in boxes. Jughead and I sit on the floor going through them one by one laughing at some of the photo albums that's when I feel the cool leather jacket.
"Hey Jug, come here" I call he comes to my box as I pull out the warn leather Southside Serpent jacket.
"I didn't know your mom was a Serpent." I laugh remembering the four of us sitting on the couch. Dad was never a Serpent, couldn't get through the stages. Mom however, lived and breathed Serpent life.
"She was the biggest badass I have ever known." I laugh lightly. Jughead reaches in the box.
"Is this an old Riverdale sweatshirt?"
"It looks like it." I take in from him putting it on over my shirt. I reach behind me unclasping my bra and pulling it off.
"Woah Woah calm down there girly, aren't you gonna buy me dinner first?" Jughead covers his eyes
"Its just my bra Jug, its uncomfortable" I laugh putting it in my bag with my mom's jacket.
"We should be getting back its getting dark." Jughead's cheeks go flush.
"So about that dinner?"
"Are you asking me on a date?" I look at him
"Pops. Our booth?"
"Sounds perfect" I kiss his cheek and walk out to the bike.

*********

I'm sitting on the floor leaning against Kevin's legs sketching the scene around me. Thats when Archie finishes telling us that he just talked to the Weatherbee and Keller about being at Sweetwater river on July 4th.
"So does that mean you are a suspect now?" Veronica says sitting across from Archie.
"My dad says we all are... including me." Kevin says.
"Not me girl, I don't know these people. Same should go for Kat." Archie and Kevin laugh a little. I smack their legs.
"Shut up you ass." I laugh. "I was in town weeks before July 4th, and if they really wanted a escape goat it would be me." I shake my head getting back to the drawing.
"Guys show we maybe re-binge Making a Murder  on Netflix tonight?"
"Sorry, I can't have to stay to work on the paper." Betty reaches forward and gets a chip.
"Yeah count me out too, I've got a date tonight" Veronica blushes from her seat.
"You do?" Archie seems a little upset
"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Veronica smirks
"Hey Vee-lo. I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00?" Chuck Clayton says from the door.
"I'll be waiting" Veronica leans forward smiling.
"You got any plans tonight Kathleen?" Reggie asks from behind Clayton.
"Actually..." I pause as my phone buzzes in my pocket. "My night just filled up." I laugh as he curses under his breath. Chuck, Reggie, and Moose all walk out of the student lounge.
"Did your night really fill up?" Kevin asks. I pull out my phone and see a message from Jughead.
Jugs- Locker? 
I smirk a little showing Kevin my phone.
"We will see." I laugh getting up. Grabbing my bag, walking towards my locker where I see the handsome raven haired boy standing wearing the same crown beanie as always.
"You texted?" He gives me a small smile as I walk closer.
"Damn, I missed you." He chuckles
"Its only been what?" I look at my wrist at a nonexistent watch "Twelve hours"
"I didn't mean-" He laughs as he sees my smirk. He pulls me close to him before I hear his phone vibrate. "Shit..." He sighs. He lets go of me. "Its Betty, she wants me to meet her in the old Blue and Gold office. You coming?" I nod grabbing his hand.