Chapter 21: Happy Very Merry Birthday

Jughead opens the door wrapping his arm around my shoulders, the lights were all off in the house. As soon as the door shut behind me everyone jumped out screaming surprised. I couldn't look him in the eye,
"I'm sorry" was all I could muster.
"Is this why we left the double feature?" He looked at me sadly, I slightly glanced up at him, I leaned into him.
"Can I explain later... I'm really not feeling good." I could feel the weirdness between the two of us. I went to walk towards the kitchen when he grabs my arm.
"Stay here..." He almost growled. I looked up faking a smile, then my eyes landed on a boy I knew to well. He gave me a small wave no one else would notice. Everyone starts walking towards us giving Jug a hug. Betty runs off into the Kitchen. After hugging Archie I hear Jug say.
"Ugh, you reek. Are you drunk?" I look in between the few people seeing the liquor cabinet is open.
"Wouldn't be surprised." I mumbled still pissed I was dragged into this. Veronica comes over saying happy birthday in Spanish before Kevin walks over. I give him a stern glare before looking to the boy next to him with the same look.
"This is my boyfriend, Joaquin."
"Hey, nice to meet you. My girlfriend Kat." Jug points back to me looking even more confused than ever.
"Pleasure" I pretend to me social.
"Um, has anyone seen Betty?" I roll my eyes taking a step back towards the wall. Quickly the lights turn off, Betty comes around the Kitchen door holding a cake singing Happy Birthday in the creepiest spine chilling way possible.
"That was haunting, Betty." She puts the cake in Jug's hands before running her hand over her shoulder standing with one of her hands on Jughead's back. I just roll my eyes tired of fighting the inevitable. She gives him a kiss on his check before pressing her face to his shoulder. I take that moment to walk off to the kitchen holding my stomach. I'm leaning against the sink one hand on my stomach the other covering my mouth.
"Shit, I didn't realize this room was taken." Veronica says through sniffles. I glare over my shoulder at her, tears threatening to fall down my face.
"Whatever..." I push passed her running into Archie on the way back to the living room.
"I hate you Archibald..." I mumble,
"There she is." Jughead smiles walking over to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
"You okay?"
"No, I think I should be going... I'm really not feeling good." He looks at me.
"Whats wrong, upset that I don't like your surprise." I look up at him surprised,
"What?"
"Never-mind" He starts to follow Betty into the Kitchen, he drags me along. Veronica and Archie are hugging
"Oh, sorry." He stops
"Just coming to get ice cream, so... Is everything okay?" I look at the group, No, i'm not okay my boyfriend hates me cause he things I did all of this. I think to myself knowing the question wasn't directed at me.
"Yeah, no, I'm just not in a party mood like I usually am."
"That makes two of us." Jughead drops my hand
"Whoa. Wait. You're not actually upset that I threw you a party, are you?" I stand behind Betty looking at the floor trying not to secretly celebrate, she just admitted it was her idea.
"It is nice, Betty. I appreciate it. It's just I would be happier if it were just the five of us in a booth at Pop's."
"Yeah. But we always do that. I wanted to do something special."
"'The road to hell is paved with good intentions.'"
"Why is everything so doom and gloom with you, Jug? Why can't it just be normal for once?"
"I'm not normal, I'm not wired to be normal." The door bell rings.
"Oh great who else did you guys invite to make this special evening that much better?!" I shout marching out of the kitchen.
"No one. Inner-circle only." I hear Betty call. Jughead walks over taking my hand, the door opens reveling Cheryl and half of the school.
"Did you really think you could have a party without inviting moi?"Cheryl speaks
"Or me?" the Chuck. Who looks at my hand in Jug's with a smirk.
"I knew this was a bad idea..." I mumble.

"Archie, where do you want the kegs?"
"How about up your ass Moose!" I call earning a laugh. Archie looks at me
"Screw it! One in the kitchen, one in the backyard." I roll my eyes Jughead lets go of my hand disappearing outside. Betty, Veronica, Cheryl, Chuck, and I all stare each other down before disappearing from the main room.