Chapter Thirteen: The Truth Comes Out

//Jughead POV//

I'm sitting in the Cooper house wearing a blue sweater that has a giant white S on the front. Betty is sitting beside me as the Coopers walk around the table. Veronica is sitting across the table clapping as the Coopers kiss. There is an empty chair next to Veronica. Betty forcefully holds my hand until Hal tries to hand me the utensils to cut the turkey with. I stand and take them from Hal, I just stare at my hands. I quickly look up to see my dad sitting in our trailer a beer in his hands. Then quickly and image of Kathleen and I fighting in her trailer before she storms out, finally an image of me standing in front of a head stone Betty holding my hand tightly. I quickly come back to the moment at hand when I notice the knife in my hand was gone. Archie walked up to me.
"Dude" he looks at me "Why did you stab me in the back?" He turns to walk away reveling the huge knife hanging from his back. The image goes funny until I wake up to my alarm ringing. I turn it off and slip my flip flops on. I grab a towel and my toothbrush before leaving the small cupboard under the stairs. Walking to the boys locker room to shower.

I walk out with just the towel wrapped around my waist fixing my hair in the mirror. I finish and then brush my teeth. I bend down to spit and when I pop back up someone is standing behind me. I quickly turn around to see Archie.
"Oh!" I exclaim before I start laughing.
"Whoa." Archie responds "What are you doing here"
"Taking advantage of the school's state-of-the-art facilities." I run my fingers through my hair turning around. I didn't want anyone to know where I was staying.
"No, really, Jughead. What are you doing here?" Damn it Archie Andrews I thought. I finish getting ready before leading Archie to the cupboard under the stairs. He walks in and looks around at all of my stuff.

************

//Archie POV//

After Jughead shows me where he is staying under the stairs I wanted nothing more than the help him. I look up at him from my squat on the floor.
"How long?" He is standing outside of the door leaning against the wall his arms crossed.
"Well, since they shut down the drive-in. That's where I was living before." He doesn't look at me when he is talking.
"Why the hell are you not living at home?" I ask standing
"Truth is, things aren't good at home."
"With your dad?"
"Yeah. He kind of fell of the wagon. After your dad fired him, to tell you the truth. Hasn't had a job since. He keeps promising that he's gonna get his act together, but my mom couldn't take that roller coaster anymore, so she grabbed Jellybean and went to live with our grandparents." Jughead sighs and my heart just broke looking at him "Come on" He says as the school bell rings.
"God, Jug, why didn't you tell me? And where does your dad think you are?" Jughead shuts the door
"He thinks I'm couch-surfing."
"Well, screw that. Live with me." I wanted to help him, especially after I found out my father had a part to play in this. Jughead laughs holding up his hand.
"This is temporary, man. I'm going to figure something out. Just don't tell anybody. Especially not Kat"
"Kat? She's not gonna care. In fact she'd probably stay with you" I chuckle and Jughead nods smiling "If anyone's gonna be a snob about it, maybe Veronica." I think
"Right, well, exactly. Don't tell her, either." Jughead starts to shift awkwardly in front of me before walking away.

***********

//Kathleen POV//

We are all sitting in the student lounge. I'm on the floor in front of Jughead, Betty is on the couch next to him and all the others fill in the circle.
"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know that she ran away, or about her 'shameful condition'" I shook my head looking at my chucks sadly. My mother had been in the same position with Perry that Polly his with her baby. Jughead bent down giving me a small hug. Jughead knows everything about me, and I know everything about him.
"Please. What decade is this?" Veronica says almost disgusted.
"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think that she burned it and that if she did..."
"She could be the murder, trying to cover her tracks" Jughead and I say in unison, Jughead messing with a piece of my hair.
"Who did burn the car, then?" Archie speaks up next.
"Sheriff Keller says its possible someone was following us."
"Oh, my god. Honestly, guys, we should just move." Veronica says.
"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" I shake my head and again Jughead reaches down to me sympathetically.
"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police." Archie looks at me and Jug with a small smirk.
"Second it. We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discreet." Kevin follows after Archie.
"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God: The Blossoms." I smack Jug's leg and he gives me a slight tap with his foot. "They are the first people that he would tell."
"Guys, look I want to find Polly as much as anyone. But Jughead has a point. I've seen the Blossoms at their best and worst, this has to be handled carefully, if not..." I look at Veronica then Betty "Then god wont be able to help Polly." and again Jughead comfortingly buts his hand on my shoulder.
"So this is defiantly a secret we have to keep from them. They would twist is around and go after Polly out of spite."
"How can we help?" Veronica asks. "Tell us, B, and we'll do it." Betty sighs and I lean back into Jughead. After a few minutes its time to get to class. Jughead gives my shoulder one final squeeze before getting up. I leave with Betty and Veronica.