Chapter Sixteen: Not Today Red-Headed Satan

FP rises from the table after my remark. He looks down at me with multiple looks crossing his face. He seemed pissed that I was there to begin with, proud that I was stepping up to my role, and sad because he knew why I was here.
"Listen kid, you belong as a Serpent we all know that. Your mother lived and died by our laws and she did an amazing job teaching you them as well, but this time... I think you may be jumping a nonexistent gun."
"FP, I need somewhere that I belong... the more I go to Riverdale high the more I find myself denying who I truly am. I need this..."
"Look kid, sleep on it if you still feel that way tomorrow than we can discuss it. I need you to be one hundred percent positive this is what you want."
"I understand FP..."
"Good. Come with me." he walks up to the room we were in the night before. "Kat, I need to tell you something."
"Whats up FP?" This has to be about him going straight or Jughead.
"Your mom, before she passed, asked me to do one thing. To make sure her kids knew what they were signing up for if they decided to be Serpents. Your mom was not the kind to force a dream upon you and this life is the same way. That is why I told you to wait, because I'm honoring your mother's wishes. Talk to Des and maybe Jug, run through all the options before you jump" I nod not knowing this about my mom. I find out new things about my family on the daily now. FP gives me a short hug before holding me at arms length.
"You are a Serpent whenever you are ready, I will tell Tall Boy"
"What about the trials?" I look up at him
"The trials will be overlooked for you. You are a legacy and more Serpent than anything else. Just trust me"
"Yes sir." I look at my watch "I gotta go."
"Of course." I walk out of FP's little area, whatever he calls it, to be welcomed by a crowd of Serpents. They continue about their pool games and drinks with the occasional shout in my direction. That is until Sweet Pea steps in front of me.

"You a Serpent now or?"
"I'm working on it Sweets, FP wants me to wait at least another night before making any decisions. Upon my mother's request." Sweet Pea hands me a cup
"Have a drink with me before you go?"
"I would love to Sweets I would but I have to get to a baby shower on the Northside." He sighs before taking back the cup. I glance over his shoulder just in time to see a Riverdale high Letterman Jacket walk through the door. I push passed Sweet Pea, I see Kevin staring at the Serpent's snake. The boys start to play pool and I just watch from a distance. I laugh as Joaquin hits a ball into the pocket, the turns to Kevin. Then Moose comes into my line of sight, he points Archie towards one of the older bikers.
"What? You got a death wish?" As soon as he turned around I recognized the biker, it was Mustang. Really Archibald out of all of the bikers you choose the one who isn't scared to kill a kid..
"Archie, back off." I run over to Joaquin, making sure Kevin doesn't see my face.
"What the hell is this?" Mustang looks between Joaquin and I.
"You like beating up teenagers?"Archie squares up to the man and I just sigh.
"This ain't the first time one of you Bulldogs has come in here, looking to 'cause trouble." Mustang lunges at Archie pushing him back into me. Archie looks over his shoulder to see me looking pissed as all fuck.
"Thats enough Mustang!" I shout just as Archie jumps towards the man again.
"Hey! That's enough Mustang. Let 'em go." FP comes down the stairs I just glare at the Bulldogs that are standing around me. Joaquin wont meet my eye. Archie looks between me and FP, but he knows better than to try and say anything to me.
"I'll take care of this." I nod at FP and take off. I quickly hop on my bike and make it to the Pembroke in minutes. I walk in to find everyone is opening gifts. I smile and give Polly a wave as I make my way to Jughead he smiles and meets me half way.
"What happened its not like you to be late, I had to help the girls with out you." He chuckles before his smile drops.
"I need to tell you something." He nods and takes my hand, he starts to lead me off until. I glance over at the door to see Archie, who is giving me the nastiest look possible.
"You were protecting him. Both of you, That's why you didn't tell me." Archie whisper yells at us.
"Relax" Jughead sighs. I just tighten my grip on his hand. "What happened?" I give Archie a look that would make even a Serpent cower. Just as Betty walks over.
"Did you know that Jughead's father is a Serpent?" He looks to Betty and then to me, finally ending on Jug. "And did you know your girlfriend is a Serpent." There is was, the statement I wanted to avoid. I wanted to get the jump and tell Jug first but here comes Archibald the good with his fucking hero complex to ruin it all.
"No..." Both Veronica and Betty had walked over now. Jughead lets go of my hand looking around to all of us with the widest eyes.
"That's why he tried to stop me from going to the bar. so I wouldn't find out. And Kat was just trying to protect herself." Archie looks at me as if I'm a piece of garbage "After everything my dad has done for you..."
"Archie. I can explain, okay?" Jughead starts
"Thats enough Archibald." I grab Archie's jacket sleeve and help guide him out of the Pembroke with Veronica helping. We get outside and down to the lobby before I say anything.