Chapter Twenty-Eight.

Lily's POV-

The sun streaming through the curtains seemed way too bright as I opened one eye. Something was heavy on my stomach and I was drenched in sweat. A mop of curly hair laid motionless on my stomach and a bandaged arm held me tight. He snored loudly, and I realized that that had probably woken me up. The urge to run my fingers through his hair was overwhelming and he let out an almost silent grunt when my hand touched his scalp.

I was confused. Louis dragged me here just to pick a fight with Harry and I was beyond livid. When I had woken up yesterday morning Louis clouded my thoughts, now the only thing I could see was the curly haired boy in front of me. I didn't know what I wanted from him, but I knew that there was no way I could ever look at Louis again without wanting to vomit.

As I ran my hands through Harry's messy curls, I realized just how much of an ass Louis had been. How could I have been so blind? He ordered me around like I was a child and did things to purposely make me angry. It was always what he wanted. I promised myself right there that I would never let any guy treat me the way that Louis had again.

"I like it when you do that," Harry mumbled, his accent thick with the sound of sleep. His eyes remained shut and he didn't move from his place on my stomach.

"Did I wake you?" I wondered. His hair was damp with sweat as I ran my fingers through it.

"Mhm," he murmured. "But keep doing that." He let out a loud sigh as my fingers made contact with his scalp over and over.

"How's your wrist? Does it still hurt?"

He opened only one eye and glanced up at me, a smile forming on his lips. "It hurts like hell."

"I'll go get you some Advil," I told him, moving to get up.

His arm around my waist tightened. "No, stay."

"But Harry, your-"

"Hush, I'll be fine. Stay."

I don't know if it was because my heart sped up so fast that it felt like butterflies flapping their wings, or if it was the weight of his arm pulling me into him, but I stayed. He closed his eye again and planted tiny kisses on the places my tank top had ridden up and my skin was exposed. Not only did my heart beat speed up again, but my stomach flopped with every kiss.

"Harry," I breathed, causing a drowsy smile to spread across his sleepy face.

"Lily," he responded, his voice cracking and his sleepy voice making me weak.

"Harry," I said again. I wasn't running my fingers through his curls anymore, I was grabbing individual curls and pulling them until they were straight.

He chuckled to himself and turned over onto his back, his head still resting on my stomach as he looked up at the ceiling. His shirtless body was toned and covered in ink that looked way too good on him.

"Last night," he sighed. He seemed to be dazed by the ceiling fan going in circles above our heads.

"I'm sorry he came over here, Harry. If I would have known he had intended to fight I wouldn't have gotten in the car with him."

"Don't blame yourself, Lily. It's not like it was your fault. I'm actually pretty happy things played out the way they did." His dimples began to show and his eyes lit up when he smiled. He wasn't the hot boy I was attracted to in that moment, he was just simply cute.

He must have read the confusion on my face because he spoke up again. "I got to kick that prick's ass. I've wanted to do that for so long. And if he hadn't come, I wouldn't be here with you right now in this bed." He smiled wider, causing me to beam back at him.

"What time is it?" I wondered, poking his dimples cheek. He chuckled before sitting up a bit to look at the clock on the wall.

"Eleven- fifteen, why? Is there some place you have to be?"

I sighed, pushing him off of me and stepping onto the freezing hardwood floor. "My parents are probably freaking out. I left my phone at home. Would you mind giving me a ride?"

He frowned, crawling out of bed and moving over to the dresser. He threw a black t-shirt over his body, not bothering to change out of his sweat pants. He threw me a sweatshirt out of his closet and we were off.

I counted the minutes from his apartment to my house, 20. It was dead silent in the car, the only sound coming from the hum of the radio.

"Lily," he started as I closed the door to his truck. I leaned into the window, my bare legs were freezing, but my covered torso was snug and warm in his jacket. "Look-uh, I know you're going through a lot right now. But I want you to consider, I don't know, maybe giving us a shot. You don't have to answer now, just think about it, okay?"

As I stood there shocked, he slid into the passenger seat and placed a kiss on my forehead. He slid back into the drivers seat before barreling down the road without a goodbye.