Chapter Thirty-One.

Harry's POV-

Lily was mine now. Everything I wanted for so long, I had. She wouldn't stop being mine because of one bad date, would she? Shit, I didn't know how to do this whole date thing. I had never even had a serious girlfriend before. Friends with benefits, plenty. Girlfriend, never. We almost fucked the other day for crying out loud. I had seen her partially naked and I was freaking out over one little date.

She had been so comfortable with sleeping together so soon. Something told me she had done it before. And if she had, there was only one person that she would have done it with. I had to push that thought out of my mind before I got angry. She didn't? Did she? I didn't want to know.

For the date, I would be taking her out to dinner and if she was up for it we would come back to my place to catch a movie. I had seen that in a movie one time and stole the idea. Girls liked that shit, right? I had even bought her a whole bouquet of flowers. They were white with little yellow middles, but I'd be damned if I could tell you what they were called.

I pulled up on front of her house at exactly 8:02 pm. She was waiting for me outside on the porch because I wasn't quite ready to meet her parents yet. That's a big step and it scared the hell out of me. I doubted she even told them about me. I wouldn't blame her, I wouldn't tell them about me either.

She wore the same pencil skirt she had worn my first day at the police station. God, I loved that skirt. It hugged her so well. Her heels clicked against the sidewalk loudly as she made her way to my car. She looked gorgeous with her curled hair and she smelled wonderful. I felt completely underdressed in my white button-up and black skinny jeans. I had opted for converse instead of boots, what was i thinking?

"Hi," she smiled widely.

"Hi," I smiled back, pecking her quickly on the lips. "These are for you."

I handed her the flowers i had tried my best to hide.

"Daisies," she smiled. It wasn't a genuine smile. I knew her genuine smile.

"There's something wrong with them, isn't there? Shit," I cursed, attempting to take them back just so I could throw them out the window and end my embarrassment.

"No- no," she snatched them away from me and cradled them in her arms. "It's just, flowers remind me of funerals. At least they're not lilies, that would have been the worst pun."

"So you actually hate the flowers?' I wondered as I mentally slapped myself for not getting chocolates or something instead.

She smiled, stretching over and placing a kiss on my cheek. "I love them only because you gave them to me."

Lily seemed way too happy about the restaurant I had chosen. It was fairly new (and expensive) and she kept going on about how she had been dying to try it. I think it was just an attempt to ease my nerves, but I could see through her falseness.

The waiter was nicer than the one we had when we went to that burger place after I had first taken her to Smith's. He kept cracking jokes that only Lily thought were funny and i would have been sure he was flirting with her if I wasn't almost positive he had a boyfriend waiting for him back at home.

"This is nice," she noted as she sipped on her raspberry tea.

"You look breathtaking," I told her, causing her cheeks to redden.

We ate our meal slowly, mostly laughing at each other between bites. She didn't even finish half of her ziti, pushing it away from her after her twelfth bite.

"How's you get that scar?" She wondered as our waiter picked up our plates.

"Scar?" I asked, confused.