Chapter Forty-Two.

Lily's POV-

I was incredibly sore. I was sore, but I was happy. Happy to be sore, happy to be alive, happy to be waking up to the man that I was sure was the love of my life. Seriously. My heart would burst if I loved him anymore than I did at that moment.

I couldn't tell for sure what song, but I could hear Harry's quiet voice singing. I could feel the vibrations of his chest rumble against my head. He was trying not to wake me up. Little did he know, I had been awake since the first kiss he planted on my forehead.

"Why'd you stop?" I cooed when his singing ceased. I loved his voice so much.

"I didn't know you were awake," I could hear his smile, which was absolutely insane because you shouldn't be able to hear a smile. He kissed my head again, which I really should have stopped him from doing because he had done it so many times it was kind of annoying.

"I have been for awhile now," I smiled up at him and his grip tightened around my waist. He was beaming down at me, my favorite dimples accentuated by the brightness of green in his eyes.He resumed singing. It was a new song, though, and I actually knew this one.

"We're horrible people you know that?" I chuckled, rolling away from him to get out of our bed. I liked saying that. Our bed.

"How come?" He asked, but he wasn't really looking at me. He was looking at my bare stomach, probably the bruised remnants of what we did the night before. They hurt like hell, honestly, but I was way too happy to feel any pain.

"Who has sex on Christmas?" I chose to ignore his stare. He would throw a fit about it, I was sure of that, but I was fine. Actually, I had never been more fine than what I was at that exact moment.

He finally met my gaze and relief washed over me when he opened his mouth and said "We do, apparently."

"Harry" my cheeks hurt from smiling as I pulled a pair of baggy sweats up my legs. I mostly just wanted to say his name. I would never get tired of the way the syllables tasted as they rolled off my tongue.

"Lily," he was smiling, too. I only hoped that last night for him was as great as it was for me. 

"Harry," I said again, but only because I didn't know what to say and I couldn't just not say anything when I had practically started a conversation.

A loud knock on the front door nearly sent me jumping out of my skin and Harry laughed, pushing the covers off his naked body and going to the designated sweatpants drawer. Seriously, he was so organized it was insane. 

I folowed behind him as he made his way to the front door. He opened it only a little, before the person on the other side shhoved their way through. She looked different today, prettier even with her simple ponytail and lack of make up. She carried bags in her hands and wore a bright smile on her face.

"Gemma, what the hell?" Harry wondered suspiciously, although he didn't hesitate to pull her into a suffocatingly tight hug.

"I brought presents," she shrugged, lifting the bags in the air with an awkward smile on her face.

"You didn't have to do this," Harry rolled his eyes before shutting the door and leading Gemma to the kitchen and pulling a seat out fr her at the table. I was kind of embarrased. We hadn't even bothered decorating the apartment for the holidays because Harry said it was pointless because no one would see it but us. Truthfully, I didn't even think he owned any decorations. 

"Well you skipped out before we could get to it." She turned to me, her annoyed features turning into a way too bright grin. "And my mother loved the charm bracelet, by the way."