Lunner (Chapter Three)

[Lunner is just Lunch + Dinner. Something I made up in five seconds. Lol]

P.S: I'm really loving We could be beautiful by Wrabel

SCOTT
Qualifications were kinda good. I had a 15.600 on floors, a 15.800 on vault and 15.766 on the horizontal bar. The remaining events were average scores for me cos I'm not so great on those (I scored low 15s for the rest). I just need to get my scores high enough to beat Chen. He's ahead of me. Its kinda got me on edge. His floor routine got him almost sixteen points; I didn't have a chance to get the exact figures.

How weird is it that I could hear my mom screaming my name, through that amount of cheering people?

Still in my leotard and gym tracksuit, I start walking to the bus with my teammates... and Kevin. He won't let me hear the last of it because, he scored higher than me on still rings. We rarely compete together so this is a very shining moment for him.

The bus gets to the hotel and we start walking to the foyer.

"Hey Kev, since I not so surprisingly couldn't find my sandwiches, I want to go eat at a place. Though I have no idea where I'd be going." I say dryly.

"Okay man. I would've come with you, but... You know what, never mind. I'll come with.
Doris can wait. I'll uh... make it up to her." He smiles mischievously and winks.

"You're gross."

We get to the elevator. Kev presses the button for his floor and I press "P" and type the password.

"Be ready in ten. No jokes or I'll leave you."

The elevator stops on Kevin's floor and he gets off and jogs to his room. The elevator is about to close and someone shouts,

"Hold it!"

I stop the elevator immediately and see a tall preppy-looking guy. He is slim but I can tell he works out, and he is a little sweaty if I'm to go by the patch of wetness on his t-shirt which shows off his fairly decent chest. His hair, which is currently in disarray is blond and in an undercut.

"Thanks" He has a slight feminine tone attached to his voice.

"You're welcome"

"Hey, you're that guy from Boulder yeah? For the national championship? Scott, right?" I blush a little.

"Yep. That's me."

"Wow. You were amazing. I was up on the stands watching the whole thing. You're really good. I can't believe I'm actually talking with you right now."

"Thanks"

"I don't know if I'm being too forward but could we go out sometime? This evening if it isn't asking too much."

"I actually have a thing with a friend so, sorry. Maybe another time?"

He looked very flushed in that moment. I felt bad.
"Okay yeah sure." He says.

Aaaand the awkward silence begins...
The elevator finally dings at his floor and he steps out.

"It was nice to meet you Scott."

"I didn't get your name though." I hold the elevator door.

"It's Adam."

"So Adam, can I get your number? So I can call or text you later?"

"Sure." I hand him my phone and he types in his number.

"See you around, Scott." The elevator closes.

When I get to my place, I've barely finished taking a shower before my phone starts ringing. I roll my eyes knowing who it is. I pick up.

"Yo Scott, I'm ready. Where are you?" Kevin says to my surprise.

"Come right up. I'm not ready yet."

"You better be ready when I get there. I cancelled on a hot chick for your sorry ass."

"Drama queen"

I finish my shower in double quick time and dry my hair. I put on a pink hoodie with an inscription on it, black jeans and a pair of white sneakers.

I consider combing my hair out but I just ruffle it up, because I can and because I just got a haircut

I consider combing my hair out but I just ruffle it up, because I can and because I just got a haircut. I meet Kevin on my way to the elevator.

☆☆☆

For someone who's filthy rich, I've done so little of travelling. Boston is a pretty great place, which Kevin seems to know very well. I got to check out loads of stores and made mental notes to come back and buy some things later.
We finally arrive at a small restaurant. According to Kev, everything they make here is "Mindblowing". He recommends the steak for me though. I order an iced tea with the steak cooked medium rare.

I take a little time to admire the place. Light grey walls, dim lighting, brown furniture which is basically the chairs and tables, then some red paraphernalia on each table. There are some beautiful inscriptions on the walls. I spot a group of three friends - two guys and a girl, but one out of them really caught my eye; with hair as black as a coal pit, bangs falling over his eyes, the saddest, heartbreaking blue eyes I've ever seen, even as he laughs with his friends. It's like I could see into him.

He looks back at me too, after what feels like a whole day. I give him a small smile and he returns it with a beautiful one and a nod. Kevin chooses this moment to interrupt me. Just great.
Just like that, I've become a man on a mission, which is, to know who this guy is and get with him. I wonder how this turns out. As I start to hatch a plan, I get a call from Coach Xander telling me to get back to the hotel "STAT!!" He sounded agitated, scared even. Something must've happened. I give Kevin the news, we pay for the food and hurry back to the hotel.

☆☆☆

MATT
I didn't even get the chance to say hi. Man, that was something. The way he looked at me was, quite frankly, wow! And those eyes, so indescribable.
Heavenly eyes.

I wonder why he left in a hurry. Does he live around here? Not so sure about that. I'd have met him already, right? Talking with Sonya and Mike right now just doesn't interest me anymore. I think I've got a crush. You can't blame me. You weren't there.

☆☆☆

I spend the rest of my day doing my work and thinking about him. Those insanely pink lips. I imagine them all over me, kissing my lips. I shut that thought out quickly. I don't even know the guy.
I create a playlist that starts with Need Ur Luv by Charli xcx and I start humming. I decide to take a short walk to clear my head of all dirty thoughts.

[Sorry about these short chapters I've been uploading. I'll try to do better. Please don't forget to vote and tell me what you feel in the comment section]