The Hurting (Chapter Ten)

This Chapter is dedicated to NightAndDay10
Thank you for being so awesome.

Song of the Chapter: Seventeen by Troye Sivan

MATT
What do you do when you meet someone, fall in love (or should I say like?), lose contact as time passes, then, you choose to take your life, you get saved and fate smiles on you, only to discover that the first and only person who made you fall for him with just one look and a kiss that stole your heart now has a boyfriend?

Go on.

Tell me.

I'll wait.

After waking up, I had to lie to Mrs. Foley that I was just shocked meeting THE SCOTT FOLEY. I also got to meet the very bright and veeeery handsome Adam at dinner that evening.

Lea told me before I went for a shower that they were expecting Scott's BOYFRIEND over for dinner. My eyes snapped to Scott immediately. He refused to meet my gaze.

"Alright mom let me help Matt settle in. You can go now." Scott made sure to put a lot of stress on "me".

"Okay. Okay. I'm going to set the table. And Scott, please change that shirt - don't you think it's a little ugly?" She said, snickering a little as she walked off.

I watched him with wandering eyes as he went to close the door and he turned around with his eyes closed. When I said nothing, he started to open them slowly.

"So this is why you stopped texting. I never thought you'd be the kind of person to lead someone on." Why does he have to look so handsome?

"I see you're back on your feet. Have you gone back to training yet?"

"I'm sorry."

"You are? I couldn't tell. You know what, Scott? I really don't want to hear anything you have to say cos there really is no excuse for 'I have a boyfriend and it's not you'." I start heading towards my clothes.

Unpacking didn't take long at all. More like five minutes because I don't have a lot of stuff. Scott just stood there, watching my every move.

"What happened to you? My mom didn't give me the details." He asked, looking apprehensive.

I gave him an are-you-crazy and a do-not-fucking-talk-to-me-asshole look. At least I hoped that's what it looked like. I didn't say a word. I just walked right into the shower.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"The thing where you shut me out completely."

"Well, what should I do then? I don't exactly have much options at the moment." I snapped. I never knew how one could get so affected by someone they really like. Well, I'm beginning to be enlightened.

I went to take a quick shower. On opening the bathroom door, I got to find out that EVERYTHING in this house is just lush. I must be dreaming. I stepped into the very pristine tub. I couldnt help myself so I took a bath. A warm and very soothing bath with a peach and jasmine fragrance in the water. I start counting my fading bruises which still have purple tinges. The water ran cold so I took that as my cue to leave so I got up, grabbed a towel from the plethora of towels and tied it on my waist.

I walked out to find "someone" putting my things in a closet.

"You shouldn't have bothered."

"But I did anyway." There was a long silence.

"Make me understand..." He looks up at the sound of that statement.

"Did I do something wrong? Or what? Cos I don't get it. You just up and went AWOL on me. Oh and lest I forget, you have a boyfriend now."

"I'm scared of commitment, okay!! I'm scared of being with one person only." His eyes darken as he watches me move around half naked.

"Can you hear yourself? That makes no sense. You're currently exclusive to one person soo... you know what? Forget it." I shake my head as I grab a white t-shirt with the word 'bloom' written on it and I put it on quickly. I grab a pair of briefs and a pair of sweatpants then go to the bathroom to put them on. I go back to the room, get a pair of slides and walk right past him to the dining area.

Whilst walking down the spiral stairs, I could hear Lea exchanging pleasantries with someone, even laughing too. I had to guess that it is Scott's BOYFRIEND. Crazy huh.

I got to the dining area and Lea sure wasn't kidding. She did get me a cake which was literally dripping chocolate, it had a few candles on top. The food spread on the table was astounding.

"Ah, there's the birthday boy." Lea acknowledged my presence, waving me over to a seat close to her. I kept walking and sat down. Did I mention that I'm now seated directly opposite this guy?

"Oh. Adam, meet Matt. Matt, Adam. Matt will be staying with us now." She says the last part facing Adam. I shyly say hi to him. Scott came down to put the icing on the cake of this very awkward moment. He scratches the back of his head as he walks to the table. He goes to sit next to Adam, as he should. I couldn't help but close my eyes in pain. When I open them, I notice Adam watching me intently. It was unnerving.

I went straight for the still steaming, fresh-out-of-the-oven lasagna casserole when it was time to eat. Adam watched me as he very carefully helped himself to some chopped garden salad with a piece of tropical island chicken on the side. We ate in silence, until Lea finished eating her pasta, chicken thighs with tomato-vodka sauce. I take a mental note to say thank you to the chef. They made a big dinner.

"Who's ready for desert? I know I am. Matt, this is where you save us all from having to wait sooo long for cake. Pretty please?" She lifts the cake and places it in front of me. I had to get up to blow out the candles because the white stand that it was on made it hard to reach. Closing my eyes and making a wish that my life won't be a mess anymore, I blow out my candles.

Lea starts slicing the cake and serving it up. A man who looks to be in his late forties or early fifties, dressed in a white shirt and black pants comes to take our used dishes.

"Thanks Donald." Lea smiles at him.

I finally got my slice which was humongous and at the first taste, I died. The cake was everything it promised to be and more. It was super soft and rich in chocolate. Yeah, it was mouthwateringly good.

"Okay guys, I am beat. I'm heading in for the night. Happy Birthday again Matty." She ruffles my hair, pushes her chair and walks away like a Victoria's Secret model. I still have doubts she's really Scott's mom.

The tension was very palpable as Lea left. I quickly finished up what was left of my cake. I helped Donald take the dishes to the kitchen much to everyone's surprise and Donald's disapproval. We walked in step to the kitchen as I insisted on helping.

"Thank you Donald. I'm grateful for everything. The food was amazing. Thanks a lot."

He smiles at me saying "it's kind of my job to do this but, you're welcome."

He put the tableware in the dishwasher and cleaned the whole place up. I tried to help some but, he would turn me down politely. I think we're going to get along together.

I walked back to my room, going through the dining area. Scott said something to Adam which made him laugh heartily. They barely even noticed my presence. It's my birthday and I'm sad but what do you do when the one you want is a complete a-hole?

Tell me.

I'll wait.

I went to my room and laid in bed, constantly tossing and turning until I finally drifted into a troubled sleep.

A/N: Hey guys, it's me. I know, I know, I take wayy too long. But I'm trying my best. I really am. This writer's block thingy is no joke and should be taken seriously :(

Please vote and comment.

I'd like you guys to tell me your favourite songs so I can download and listen. X