Road to the Olympics (Chapter Seventeen)

MATT
Lea came back and boy was she mad!

She walked through the door and shut it with a bang.

"Scott! Matt! Come to the kitchen right now!"

I gave Scott a panicked glance and he had the straightest face which said "I've done this many times, relax."

"Why didn't you guys tell me anything?!" She had a hand rubbing her eyes.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Foley" I had to stare hard at the floor to gain some confidence to speak.

"This is super distracting for you guys, don't you think?! I always want the best for you both but didn't you guys think it'll only be fair to let me know before word gets out to the press? Oh I forgot! There were pictures and videos! We could've handled this way better, boys. And Matt, for the one hundredth time, it's Lea." She facepalmed.

"Now I've got to clean up your messes. Scott, did you call your media team?"

"Yeah, first thing." Scott scratched his hair.

"Okay good. Now, I'm going to be keeping a closer eye on the two of you since you're together now. Wouldn't want you two doing the nasty under my roof." If there was anything redder than a tomato, I'm sure I blushed that colour.

"I'm going to go talk to a couple of people. Gah! Please think next time. You both have got the Olympics coming up. Scott, yours is closer I'm sure you remember. You don't need the distraction that this whole thing will bring!" She's right. Scott has got Olympic trials in some weeks and he has been training harder than ever for it.

"Oh and I'm getting you both a security team. Like it or not. Now, for the rules. No going out together, you both have won yourselves a 6pm curfew, no social media, no cell phones, no food ordering, no single contact with the world. Just your training and back home. Am I clear?"

"But we can watch tv?" Scott chose the wrongest of moments to joke around and he got a painful smack at the back of his head.

"Ow!"

"Now, again, am I clear?!" She shouted.

"Yes. Yeah." Scott and I chorused.

"Drop those phones now and go to your rooms." We put them in front of her and went to bed. I slept immediately I hit my bed.

I woke up and hurriedly got ready for practice. I wore a wifebeater underneath a grey sweater and black trousers. I opened my door to see three men in black suits waiting for me. I said an awkward good morning and left for the breakfast bar. I felt bitter to find out that they were following me.

Mr. Donald was looking quite pleased this morning as I entered the kitchen. I found Scott already seated with a scowl on his face. He too had his own 'followers'.

We had some granola bars and protein shakes then, we left for the garage.

Lea had also made sure that we took separate rides as there were two black range rovers with heavily tinted glasses. There were also two more men, I noted. One in the driver's seat and another opening the back seat.

The interior of the car is just like a limousine but smaller. It had two rows of seats facing each other which was super convenient for four people. Perfect.

We started the ride to the gymnasium. It was super disappointing to see a massive crowd of paparazzi at the gate already taking pictures of what? The car?! Cos I'm sure they can't see me through this glass. I sighed.

●●●

[Song of this scene: Still here by Superchick]

I DID IT!!!

Say hello to the first figure skater to ever land a quadruple axel either in practice or in competition.

It was a little unbalanced but I'll work on it. I have time and God knows I will do my best to keep this.

"Heck yeah kid!! That was awesome!" Coach Seth exclaimed in pure ecstasy.

We continued practising the quad axel and infused it as my opening pass in my short program. We kept going at it but I wasn't perfect yet. Still some tweaks here and there then it'll be great to use in competition.

Seth made me try a triple salchow into a back flip and a triple lutz which suprisingly worked perfectly. We added that to my free skate instantly and practised the whole routine from scratch.

At 4pm, I was dismissed and I walked to where my "bodyguards" were seated. This is ridiculous.

"Umm, I just got off practice so can we leave now?" My voice was as tiny as ever and that almost made me snort.

My whole body was covered in sweat, I tiredly entered the car and let the leather car seat engulf me as I dozed off.