Perfection (Chapter Twenty)

[Video of Scott's floor routine above. Please watch it till the end for the added thrilling effect.]

SOTC:
Love by Lana Del Rey
Young and Menace by Fall Out Boy
Thunder Clatter by Wild Cub

MATT
The crowd went wild after Scott came on floors to defend his title, and well, also land a spot on the Olympic team. Lea and I went crazy too, haha. On a more serious note though, this woman has got a megaphone in place of a natural human voice.

"That's my son, people!" Lea said to no one in particular but loud enough for anyone within fifty miles to hear. Some people laughed, some just rolled their eyes and others just ignored her.

"Oh my gosh, Matt. That was awesome but, I'll never stop having mini heart attacks when Scott does all those tumbles."

"It was pretty amazing. I've really never seen him perform so this was definitely insane."

The speakers went off announcing a ten minute break for everyone.

"Ooh! Kevin's next after this guy coming up. I need to pee. I'll be back. You want anything?" Lea asked.

"Nope, thanks." I smiled.

"Alrighty" With that, Lea walked to the restroom.

Since I had nothing to do, I started playing around with my phone. All of a sudden, I heard people whistling and whooping. I looked up on the big screen and my heart sunk.

A kiss cam? Really? Do things like this even happen in gymnastic competitions? Wait... that's me!

"Oh my god!" The screen registered my shock and a whole lot of people laughed. Well, there goes my disguise; a cap by the way. My face was on full display for everyone. The guy next to me; who I was supposed to kiss, looked super uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, but this is awkward. I can't. Sorry." I said and relief flashed through his face.

I was suddenly tapped on the shoulder. I turned to find a sweaty Scott staring at me.

"Why don't we make it official right here?"

"Buh-wha-oh-umm" oh God, this is too much.

He closed the distance and we locked lips. This resulted in gasps, screams, ear-shattering whistles and claps. I guess we gave everyone a show.

"You both have won a grounded for life ticket." Lea sat quietly and weirdly next to us.

"Just kidding. Although I've had a little time to think about it, I'm okay with you two in a relationship. I'm also officially lifting the grounded sentence I have on you two."

"So, love wins in the end?" Scott cheekily said.

"Don't ruin the moment, Scott." Lea gave him a glare which he brushed off by laughing and kissing Lea's hair.

We were so caught up in our own world that we didn't notice how much audience we had managed to gather. I was the first one to see that we were still pretty visible on the large screens.

Scott went back to his coach and the competition continued immediately after that.

Scott bagged a spot in the semi-finals; much to the excitement of everyone. It was him, a guy named Chen, Kevin and some other gymnasts with lacklustre performances but high DoDs (degree of difficulty) that were gunning for those spots on the Olympic team.

In the end, Scott won a one-way ticket into the US Olympic Men's Gymnastics Team.

●●●

"Did you see my triple twist at the end?" Scott's time for bragging came sooner than I expected. I facepalmed.

At the end of the competition, Scott got a spot on the Olympic team. His score was in close second to Chen's.

"Please tell me you guys watched me on horizontal bars! Did you see my full-twisting triple back dismount?! I stuck that landing, peeps!"

"Okay, enough. You have one week to prepare yourself for the Olympic village. Well, I don't need to tell you what you already know." Lea said.

Scott will be leaving for the Olympic village and I wont see him until it's time for the Olympics. Hopefully, I'd be able to sneak in? I can't count on that, ugh.

"Should we go home tonight?" Lea asked.

"Nah, let's just stay the night." Scott yawned as he spoke.

"Okay, then go to your rooms." Lea hugged us and kissed our foreheads. She wiped her lips after kissing Scott's forehead.

"Scott, honey, please do us all a favour and take a bath. Please!! Good night."

Scott and I went to our room where we cuddled ourselves to sleep.

I had one of the soundest sleeps of my life that night.