chapter five

"the nerve of her." otto mutters.

"i'm not here to make friends, i'm here to do my job. so you do yours and let me do mine, and there should be zero issues." she finishes, scanning the room once again.

"your food options here are poor. you're all professional athletes, and i expect the food to be up to your so called standards. so i've eliminated the junk."

groans break out along the locker room, her eyes growing wide. "don't give me that shit." her eyes roll up to the ceiling and back down to glare at us.

"i think you'll like my new options. i've got them all prepared for you, and they'll be ready in the banquet in about an hour. y'all got any questions that will waste my time?" she turns on her heel to leave, giving me a view of her perfect ass before strutting to the door.

"oh," she spins back around. "i almost forgot the most important change." my stomach drops as her smile widens, knowing that whatever she was about to say wasn't gonna be good.

"your partying on the road will cease to exist, picking up random women from every stop is also out the window too. we are overhauling your reputation, and i expect full adherence to the new policies. for away games, you will all be sleeping in individual rooms. in your free time—if you choose to muck around—you can go away and fuck as many bitches as you want, if that's your thing by all means."

she walks over to her bag and pulls out a stack of papers, passing them to landon to hand out.

"these are non-disclosure agreement papers, you'll sign it before you pull your dicks out basically. it legally allows whoever you're fucking to be silent about the sexual activities y'all like to get on with." her noise wrinkles in disgust. "if i find out that any of you have engaged in any sexual activities without signing this paper, you'll be fined. ten thousand dollars."

"also," she adds, a smug smile appearing on her face. "if you are late, or miss practice, the fine stands too. five thousand for being late, and ten thousand for a no show." she shrugs, and turns to leave again. "good day, gentleman."

the sneer in her voice is totally detectable as the door closes behind her, and the gym is mildly quiet as we all try to pick our jaws up off the floor.

"she's fucking crazy crazy." saquon exclaims, tossing his paper into his gym bag.

"ten grand?"

"surely this bitch can't be serious."

"there isn't a need to worry, our guy odell here has agreed to be the go to man for the job." sterling smiles, patting my shoulder. "good luck, man. you're gonna need it."

i swallow past the lump in my throat. the last thing i've ever wanted to do was to try to and swoon a girl over for a bet. it's not my style, and never has been.

i mean, for real. if my mother ever caught me doing this she'd kick my ass. i'm double her size, but i don't wanna underestimate her.

yet now the entire weight of this issue has been landed on me. and while i'm not comfortable with the bet, still. i wasn't gonna cry my way out of it.

☯︎

"um, miss?"

i've already forgotten her name. mainly because most of the guys have been calling her something completely different. cockblocker, queen cunt, plus a few others that shouldn't be mentioned.

she looks up from her desk, as i step inside her office and shut the door behind me. her eyes widen as i walk towards her causing her to rise from her seat.