chapter forty

"i promise you i will spend the rest of my life showing you that even though i'm just some dumb jock, no one else could ever love you as much as i can. i wanna be the very first person you see in the morning, and the very last person you see before you close your eyes at night. you have my heart, ira. you own every piece of me. so, knowing that, will you make me the happiest man in the world by being my wife?" he squeezes my hand, staring up in anticipation and finally i nod once.

"say it, baby. please. say it." i hadn't even noticed that at some point, he managed to pull out a diamond ring. "yes." i whisper. and immediately after the word left my lips, the crowd ignites. odell grins childishly as he slides the diamond onto my finger, soaring to his feet and immersing me into a hug.

"thank fucking god." he whispers into my hair as his body almost crushes mine, feeling his big hands pull my hair slightly.

he pulls my head back with little force, his lips compressing into mine, making the crowd uproarious. i'm spun around, still wrapped up in a blanket of odells' as he turns to face the stands.

"in case anyone missed it, she said yes!"

the end. thanks for reading. epilogue will be coming soon (;