chapter twenty-two

i close my eyes before feeling him reach further up my dress to trail a finger down the inside of my thigh. i bite my lip, and his eyes travel down to them and stares hard.

"fuck, ira. i don't know how i'm gonna make it two hours on a plane with you. i need you, baby. i want you now." he murmurs, his lips never leaving my ear.

"odell." i groan, moving my head away from him. "anyone could see you. go back to your seat, please."

"gimme tonight then." he bargains, before his hand circles my underwear.

"i can't, there's no way. we're staying in a hotel with the rest of the team. plus, we have a late game so–"

"so? spend the night in my room."

"odell, no. the ideas you come up with are hella dangerous. and your ass still needs to get back to your original seat, before we both get in shit." he flashes me a wicked grin, before turning his back towards the aisle, blocking us both in.

his eyes focus on me as his finger continues to trail circles on my sex, and my eyes suddenly close at his touch. his finger slides underneath my bottoms, gliding easily along my folds that were already achy for him a long time ago.

"i love how you're so responsive to me." he shakes his head, blowing out his breath. "we have time to kill before the game. the second you get into your room, yo ass better let me know. i'm coming to you, and once i get in there, you'll be coming for me."

☯︎

his hand is in my hair, gently massaging, as his lips rest on my forehead. "thank you." he whispers against my skin before planting a kiss. i snuggle into him, resting my head in the crook of his neck as his arms tighten around me. "this game is gonna be bad, you know that right?"

i had wondered, honestly. odell is from washington, and the redskins were the first professional football team to take a chance with him. he took the roster spot on the giants just after the two seasons with the redskins, and those fans? well, let's just say they were super pissed.

while i've never actually been to a giants vs redskins game, still. i've watched sports center, and i've seen the signs that these people hold up and wave angrily in the stands.

i've seen clips of all of them standing together and booing him, i've seen things get launched at him, seen the shirts with his picture and a big line drawn through it. redskin fans do not play around. the way they treat odell always make the news. national news—in fact—every single time.

which before, wouldn't have bothered me one bit, other than the fact it's mean. but now, that odell is mine? well, not mine. but, now my heart aches knowing that he's gonna walk onto a field where the crowd is gonna go insane for him, and not in a good way.

"maybe this time will be better, it's a new season after all."

"maybe." his lips brush tenderly across my head, before his grip tightens around me, pulling me even closer to him. "this makes it better though." he grins down at me, before thrusting his hips into me gently. "this right here is gonna make me go out there and play the best damn game of my life."

"oh, yeah?" i tease. "you always play well after sex?"

"always." he reaches down and grabs my chin, pulling my face upwards towards his and pecking my lips.

"we should probably get ready." his lips travel to my cheeks before kissing over both of my eyes. "don't wanna show up late and cause an even bigger riot."

☯︎

okay, so while i said i had seen clips of this on sports center, nothing could ever prepare me for what this stadium is like in real life.