Introduction.1

**For anyone reading this that doesn't know what Hetalia is, but is reading this anyway: Hetalia is an anime where the countries are personified. It's normally light-hearted and funny, but the fanfictions can get serious and dark. This one is pretty mild so far, for me. **

*I will not be using Google Translate as I don't trust it for sentences or phrases. Any text or dialogue that aren't names or a simple word in another language will be formatted like :this:*

Chapter 1

It was a normal world meeting. Of course, for this group, "normal" means "chaotic". England and France were fighting over something no one else cares about. Romano was calling people bastards. Italy was trying to hug Romano. Russia was intimidating the Baltics. China was trying to offer people snacks. Prussia was declaring his awesomeness loudly. And finally, Germany was getting a rather large irk mark and his eye seemed to be twitching.

Matthew Williams, also known as Canada, turns to his fellow North Americans and brothers: Alfred Jones and Juan Carlos Fernandez Carriedo, better known as the United States of America and Mexico respectively. He holds up three fingers to them, a small grin forming on his face, both actions mirrored by his neighbors.

'Three' he mouthed.

'Two' Alfred mouthed, all three of them putting down a finger.

'One' Juan mouthed, putting another finger down as the others copied him.

'Zero' Matthew mouthed as America points to Germany and Juan and Matthew put their last fingers down.

"Everyone SHUT UP!" Germany shouts, slamming his hands on the table, just after Alfred points at him.

The North American Trio snickers slightly, they're always on time when it comes to Germany's outbursts and they enjoy seeing the other countries jump in surprise and those who are standing to slink back into their seats. Germany gets the meeting underway again and reports and presentations are gone through.

America sighs as France finishes, knowing that he's going to go up there and make a fool of himself. Again. But the young superpower has no choice, knowing that his stage fright will either make him say something incredibly stupid or make him freeze up. He approaches the front of the room, taking a shaky breath, and pulls up his presentation on the recent violence in his country.

Before he can start speaking, however, the large doors that lead into the meeting room are thrown open and a blur of blue, red, white, green, and corn-yellow runs up to America, startling the country.

:Pappa! It happened again! It happened again!: The feminine voice exclaims in what several recognized as French. Mexico and Canada exchanged worried looks over Alfred's empty space.

:Who was it, Iowa?: America asked, replying in the same language, removing the girl's arms from around his waist and putting his hands on her shoulders.

Whispers of "Iowa?" and "France what is she saying?" can be heard from around the room.

:Oh Pappa, it was horrible!: The girl, Iowa, cries out, lifting her head, giving the others in the room a clear view of the girl's face. She has chest-length corn-yellow hair that was braided to the side with a green plant in her hair. Her blue-purple eyes are currently worry-filled and have a look of wild panic in them as she looks up at America.

:Iowa, you have to tell me who it was.: America switched over to English here. "I can't help if I don't know who it happened to." It seemed that he didn't remember that he was in a conference room full of the very nations Alfred was so keen as to keep Iowa and her siblings away from.

"Florida, it was Flor again," Iowa said after taking a calming breath, finally speaking in English. "They sent me to tell you because I was the only other one there and Texas is with Flor and it was just the three of us when it happened." The state was rambling and Alfred was remembering that they're at the front of a conference room full of nations.

"Let's go then," Alfred says, grabbing his state's hand and speed walking to the door, ignoring the protests of the other nations. Canada and Mexico follow the two out of the conference room, worried about Florida and about being accosted for information by the other nations.

"Does anyone know what the bloody hell just happened?" England asked after the door shut.

"Isn't it obvious?" Prussia asks, for once not declaring his awesomeness or 'kesesese'-ing. Ignoring Denmark, Finland, and Hungary's motions for him to Shut up, damn it Gilbert and Japan, Sweden, Norway, and Iceland's silent stares and glares. Most of the other nations are giving Prussia blank or confused looks and the once-nation sighs. "Does no one know what Iowa, Florida, and Texas are?"

"Prussia, shut up" Hungary hisses from her seat next to the albino. "Alfred trusted us not to tell anyone, remember?" A look of realization dawns on Prussia's face.

"Forget that the awesome me said anything," he says hurriedly before sitting down and covering his face.

"Florida," Spain says thoughtfully. "Wait... Isn't Florida that territory I had so long ago?" The realization comes over the Spaniard.

"PRUSSIA" Hungary, Finland, and Denmark shout in annoyance. The Albino jumps from his seat, sprinting from the room in an effort to get away from a frying-pan wielding Hungary, a terrifying-when-angry Fin, and the ex-Viking known as Denmark. The three nations follow Prussia out of the room. Japan lets his head fall onto the table, startling those who sit near him.

"Ve~ Japan are you okay?" Italy asks his friend.

"Doitsu" Japan addresses his other friend. "Your brother is an idiot." Most of the nations, not having heard Japan speak so plainly before, look at the Asian in shock.

"Ja, that is something we can agree on Japan" the German agrees, though confused about the situation.

Sorry that it's so short, but how was it for an introduction?