Blood.26

Chapter 24

When Russia wakes up the next morning, there's blood staining the sheets and his t-shirt. Startled, he presses a hand against his side, but he has no wound. Then he turns to America in the bed next to him, and he freezes in panic.

Alfred is pale and bleeding. His chest is barely rising. Russia puts his hand over America's, and as he suspected, it's cold to the touch. Ivan tries waking America, but there's no response. Ivan knows that he needs to get help, but he doesn't want to leave Alfred alone in case the American stops breathing.

He takes off his t-shirt and starts ripping it into strips, the large shirt being wide enough to act as a bandage. After its done, Russia breaths a sigh of relief when Alfred does nor start bleeding through the impromptu bandages. Before he can start anything else. A scream comes from upstairs.

This jolts him into moving, running out of the room. Russia nearly runs into a panicked West Virginia who seems to be running to his and America's room.

"Pop" She exclaims with tearing eyes. "Virginia, Maryland, and DC are bleeding and DC won't wake up!"

Russia's heart nearly stops then and there. "Are Virginia and Maryland awake?"

"Yeah, but barely. Massachusetts, Georgia, and Pennsylvania are trying to keep them awake." Russia nods at the information.

"Send one of them down, then go wake up your ma's family, da? Send Sweden and Finland to your ma's room. Have Japan get China, and have Denmark get Prussia. We need to get everyone else downstairs to the main floor. "

West Virginia nods and runs off to follow Russia's instructions. Russia himself Returns to Alfred's side. He can hear doors opening and closing and running footsteps as West Virginia alerts the other countries on the floor.

Inside Virginia, DC, and Maryland's room, Georgia, and Pennsylvania are encouraging Virginia and Maryland to keep talking and stay awake. Massachusetts has bandaged DC's stomach and has the other laying in a recovery position.

West Virginia enters, breathing heavily. "Status," she says by way of greeting.

"Awake," Virginia and Maryland respond, followed by groans of pain.

"Unconscious but breathing, he's bled through a bit, but I think its stopped," Massachusetts replies.

"You know what to do?" West Virginia asks.

"We're all licensed in first aid and im a part-time lifeguard, I've got this," Massachusetts responds.

"Right," she nods, before darting back out of the room.

In Russia and America's room, Russia has moved the other into a recovery position as well, making sure that he's not on the injured side. A few minites later, Sweden and Finland arrive.

"What happened?" Finland asks the moment he steps into the room.

"I do not know, I woke up to this," Russia replies.

"Plans?" Sweden asks as Finland does his own first aid checks.

"We've got injured children. Prussia and Denmark are going to evacuate the states downstairs. China and Japan are being called up for medical assistance" Russia states.

"We'll take over here," Finalnd replies. Russia nods, knowing that the other is better with first aid and medicine than he is.

He picks up Northern Mariannas Islands and leaves the room, taking her downstairs to the play room. She wakes up partway through, but stays calm, even as he sets her in a playpen and leaves the room. He spends the next fifteen minutes waking Puerto Rico, Guam, Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa and taking them to the playroom, distracting them and keeping them from freaking out.