Visitors.4

Some characters might be slightly OOC, but just chalk it up to people acting differently around certain people.

Chapter 4

The next morning at the ungodly hour of 4 AM, four states and a capital arrived at Iowa's farm home. D.C. had flown in as soon as he heard the news. Alaska had been staying with D.C. in Alfred's family manor so she went with her older brother. Illinois was planning on visiting his sister today. California had heard on the news, and Hawaii was visiting her, so they both decided to visit Florida, who they knew was at Iowa's.

The three groups arrived at different times, with Illinois being the first. Yes, he knew it was 4:02 AM, but did he care? No. He walked inside and crashed on the couch Alfred had been treated on last night.

D.C and Alaska arrived next, not realizing that it would be 4:48 AM in Iowa. Following Illinois's example, Alaska fell asleep on the other couch and D.C. fell asleep in an armchair.

When California and Hawaii got to Iowa's house it was 4:57 and there was nowhere else in the living room to sleep. California ended up making a bed on the dining room table for Hawaii, then she climbed onto the back of the couch that Illinois was sleeping on and fell asleep there.

Just over three hours later, Iowa, America, and Russia were awake. Russia kept America in bed though, so only Iowa went downstairs. She laughed quietly as seeing her siblings asleep all over her living room but went into the kitchen to make breakfast. Not too long after, Matthew woke up and made his way down the stairs. He, like Iowa, was unfazed at the many bodies sleeping in the living room, though seeing Hawaii asleep on the table was a bit of a surprise.

"Help me make pancakes?" Iowa asks, her voice thick from her sleep. Matthew agreed, and then practically took over making the pancakes. Iowa allowed it because who wouldn't want to eat Canada's pancakes?

"I should probably wake Hawaii" Iowa mutters, walking into the dining room. She approached her younger sister and proceeded to tickle the island state, who woke up giggling.

"Good morning Hawaii" Iowa grins.

"'Morning 'wa," Hawaii says, sliding off of the table. She grabs the nest of blankets and pillows that California made for her and walked into the living room.

In the kitchen, Matthew was nearly done with making pancakes.

"I'll get everyone upstairs if you'll get everyone in the living room?" Iowa suggests, and her younger sister nods. Iowa grabs an air horn and a spray bottle from a cabinet and hands the spray bottle to Hawaii. Going upstairs, Iowa stands at the end of the hallway, holds the air horn above her head, and uses the noise maker.

Several thumps followed by an "Aw fuck!" from Prussia and a "Holy shit!" from Denmark make Iowa grin. Alfred and Ivan walk out of Alfred's bedroom.

"Morning, sweetheart" Alfred greets his state, kissing her on the forehead.

"Morning dad," Iowa says, hugging him. Russia sleepily pats her head. "Morning Russia." The couple goes downstairs. Several exclamations of shock come from the living room, and after a minute or two, a pair of footsteps come up to join Iowa on the landing.

"If no one comes out, she'll blow that horn again!" Illinois calls out into the hallway. "Probably in your ear 'cause she's a bitch!"

"Shut up," Iowa says, nudging her brother with her elbow. His teasing is all in good fun. Besides, he's the one who would go into the nations' rooms and blow the air horn into their ears.

"That is not an awesome way to wake up" a disheveled Prussia announces sleepily as he comes into the hallway. Denmark is the next to leave, followed by Sweden and Finland from their room, then Hungary from her room, then Norway and Iceland from theirs, and finally Japan from his.