Jerkland.6

Continuing where chapter 5 left off.

Again, there will be some OOC characterization, but that's because I believe that, given this isn't exactly a canon story, the characters won't act the exact same way they could in canon.

Chapter 6

"Forgetting anyone, dipshit?" One of the states calls from the crowd.

"Language, Jersey!" Another calls out.

"Shut up, 'Braska!" New Jersey shouts at his younger brother.

"Sorry, mama!" Alaska and Hawaii call together, running into the room. England, France, and Spain are shocked to see Russia following the two youngest states.

"I'm Alaska and my papa is Russia!"

"I'm Hawaii and my daddy is Japan!"

"Russia?!" France exclaims in surprise. "Not only do you have a kid that's part of that monster, but you actually let him around your kids?!"

"You're madder than I thought you were," England says with a shake of his head.

"You aren't worried about their safety at all?!" Spain exclaims.

"Don't call my papa a monster!" Alaska shouts, hands on her hips, glaring at the colonizers.

"It shouldn't be Russia makin' is worry about our safety, Colonizer" Texas speaks up, stepping forward. "Ma trusts him around us, and for good reason. He and Japan are the only ones who aren't just colonizers. Y'all came, colonized, and then barely gave America a second glance unless you needed to. Hell, ya still do that! Unlike the three of ya, Japan and Russia actually spend time gettin' t' know their kids! Y'all just left Ma on his own!"

New Jersey steps up to join his brother. "You two, England and France, call yourself Dad's parents, but you ain't. And you three sure as hell ain't parents to any of us states. You're two shitty, deadbeat assholes! It's a miracle that Uncle Matt isn't as messed up as Dad is because of you!"

A muttered, half-hearted and ignored "language" comes from Nebraska in the crowd.

"How dare you talk to us like that, you impudent brat!" England snaps. "Has America done such a poor job of parenting that not only does he allow Russia near his kids, but he hasn't taught any of you bloody heathens manners?"

In a flash, England is slammed up against the wall, the collar of his shirt tight in America's fist.

"Say what you want about me, my economy, or my government, but don't you dare insult my children. Don't you dare insult my family. I have put up with l harassment from you and other countries for decades and I am not giving you even the sliver of a chance to do the same to my kids."

America has a deadly edge to his voice and a murderous glint in his eyes. It's unlike anything England has ever seen in his former colony.

"Alfred," Russia lays a soft hand on his lover's shoulder. "Let him go, vozlyublennaya. It would not be good to kill him in front of the children."

The other European countries stare in shock as Russia reaches around America, removing England's shirt from America's grasp and leading the murderous country away from England.

"Right," America says. "That wouldn't be good parenting" he mumbles to himself, coming back down from his angry high.

"Leave" Mexico is now standing in front of England, his tone dangerous. "You've upset my brother and his children. Get out of his house now." Juan then turns to France and Spain. "If either of you behave as he did, Russia and I will let Alfred have his way with you."

"Just ignore that asshole, dad," Jersey tells Alfred.

Canada approaches France. "You may have been a good father to me, but you and England were shitty parents to Alfred. He and his kids call you guys colonizers because that's all you were to him in the end."

"I knew that already," Spain speaks up. "But... do you think any of my old territories will talk to me? Obviously, I'm never going to be like Japan and Russia... though I'm still confused about Russia. I just want to at least talk with them."

"I think they will," Matthew says after a moment. "Unlike with France and England, you're the one colonizer they're indifferent to. You colonized and that's about it. France and England tried to make Alfred their family and then abandoned him. And now they mock him. You didn't betray Alfred like they did. Hey Tex!" Matthew calls to the large state, startling Spain with his loud tone. 

"Yeah Uncle Matt?" Texas asks, coming over.

"Antonio wants to talk to you and your siblings."

"Please," Spain cuts in. "I'm not asking to be a father, I just want to talk, maybe get to know you guys."

Texas looks over his former colonizer for a little, his hard eyes softening slightly.

"I'll ask them" Texas concedes.

"Matthieu" France says after Texas leaves. "Is something going on with Alfred and Russia?" Canada follows his father's gaze to see Alfred and Ivan together on one of the couches, Alfred holding Guam and Alaska sitting in Ivan's lap.

After hesitating a bit, Matthew nods. "Alfred bought Alaska from Ivan in 1867, after his Civil War. Ivan didn't know about the land having a personification, and found out during the Cold War. The nuclear tension wasn't the only tension to pop up during that time. Countries are independent of their governments and this shows it. They've been together since Alfred's Apollo 11 landed on the moon."

"Is he happy?" France asks. Texas comes by, telling Spain that his siblings are willing to talk, and leads Antonio away.

"Yeah. Alfred's really happy." Matthew answers as he watches Alfred and Ivan share a kiss, only to have several nearby states exclaim "eww!" and break into laughter. "Russia isn't the psychopath people make him out to be. At least, not anymore. During the earlier years of the Soviet Union, he went a little crazy, that and he was pretty messed up as a child."

"But he is good to Amérique?" Francis asks.

"He's never even made the states cry, much less Alfred. Even the babies love him. He just wears a mask of cruelty, especially during meetings. It's the mask that still scares Latvia, not the man underneath."

"And you know all of this how?"

"When he and Alfred first got together, I made him pour out his heart, intentions, history, everything to Juan and I. We weren't going to take any chances with Alfred, and Ivan knew that." Matthew answers.

"Good. I may not have been a good father or a good friend to Alfred, but I'll be damned if I let toxic love be the death of him." Francis says before looking over at Spain and his old territories. "Do you think any of my old territories would talk to me?"

"Hell no," Matthew laughs.

"It was worth a shot" the Frenchman shrugs.