Arrival.10

**From my own personal experience, sleeping on an airplane flight can help with jet lag.

Chapter 10

Sweden's math was right. The plane that Belarus and Lithuania piloted landed in the airfield in the clearing behind America's house around 6:00 P.M., Washington D.C. time. Normally Russia would have piloted with his sister, but he didn't want to be too jet-lagged from the flight, so he slept through most of the flight.**

"Japan? Where are we?" Italy asks his friend.

"We are at America-san's airfield" Japan replies. Russia and Finland lead the group from the airfield and towards a trail near the woods at the edge of the large clearing.

"Does America not know that it's proper manners to greet his guests?" England asks incredulously. He mutters something to himself about America's lack of manners as he surveys the empty field.

"Be careful, Англия," Russia warns. "Last time you were kicked out because of your insults. I will let them have your way with you this time." The country says cheerfully as he begins walking on the trail.

"Where are you taking us?" Switzerland demands as he and the rest of the group follow Russia. He wants to be sure that his little sister is not being led into a trap.

"America's house is a fifteen to twenty-minute walk from here, through the woods," Denmark says by way of explanation, answering for Russia.

Thankfully, no one complained during the walk, and Russia managed to lead the entire group of himself, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Prussia, Germany, Veneziano, Romano, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Netherlands, France, England, Spain, China, and Japan to America's back door without having to threaten anyone.

"Mr. Russia, why are we going in through the back door?" Latvia asks timidly.

"Because it is easier than going in through the front" Russia replies, knocking on the door.

It doesn't take long for the door to be opened by none other than...

A female England.

Those who haven't met Virginia before stare at her with unconcealed shock. The lady's eyes scan the crowd of assembled countries, landing on England, France, and Spain. She gives the three an icy glare before focusing back on Russia.

"Welcome back home, Ivan!" She grins, becoming happy and she holds the door open for the country. "Mum!" She shouts into the house. "Ivan, Kiku, your family and the others are here!"

"Mum?" Many of the countries ask in unified confusion.

Their question is ignored as Alfred shouts back in reply. "In the living room!"

"Take off your shoes," Virginia tells the assembled countries before she walks off down the hallway.

The countries look around to see that they're in a mud room with a bookcase-sized shoe cubby to the right of them and a closet full of coats to the left of them. Russia toes off his shoes, putting them in an empty cubby at the bottom. Japan, Prussia, Finland, Sweden, and Denmark have all done the same. Each of them is putting their shoes in a specific cubby with their name on a label for them.

"Like, where do we put our shoes?" Poland asks, only to have Russia motion to Belarus, Netherlands, Romano, and Lithuania who have lined their shoes against the wall on a bare patch of floor.

The other countries follow the four's example and Russia leads the way down the hall and into the living room. He walks straight inside, but Finland stops, letting nearly everyone go in before him. Once they do, Finland turns to face the three who haven't entered yet.

"Tread lightly" he warns England, France, and Spain. "Many in there don't like you and if you upset anyone in there, I will show you why Russia was almost too scared to ask my permission for him to date my son."

With that, Finland turns on his heel and walks into the living room to greet Alfred and the assembled states. The three Colonizers look at each other apprehensively before France pushes the door open and leads the other two into the living room.

(A/N: I was so tempted to just leave it here, but there aren't enough words!)

Inside, the countries who hadn't met the states before seem overwhelmed by the sheer number of people in the room. Almost all of the states were either in there or in the adjoining kitchen. All of the others were elsewhere in the house.

A group of five states is playing Super Smash Bros, with a slightly larger group watching them play. Alfred was surrounded by states on large, u-shaped couch, all of them previously focused on the T.V. Alfred, a state that looks like Alfred, Sweden, and England rolled into one, and a 'state' that looks like a slightly younger version of Alfred were all holding infants, cooing at them from time to time. Two toddler-aged boys and two slightly older girls were all playing with toys on the floor in the middle of the area created by the 'U' of the couch. Noises of running water, dishes, chatter, and laughter were coming from the kitchen.

The minute Russia, Sweden, and Denmark are spotted, Alfred pauses the T.V. The three countries move into the room and are immediately attacked by many of the people who were sitting on the couch. Not violently, but with hugs.

Russia was hugged by a small, female combination of him and Alfred, who had happily shouted "Papa!" upon seeing him.

Sweden was hugged by the state that looked like a combination of him, America, and England. Later, we would find out that he's Delaware. Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland also went to hug/welcome the Swede.

Denmark and Prussia were hugged by no less than four states each, the two of them being two of the states' favorite uncles because of their fun-loving natures.

As Japan, Romano, Netherlands, Lithuania, and Belarus follow Sweden, Denmark, and Russia, they too are crowded by states.

A small, female, Japan look-alike hugs Japan with an exclamation of "daddy!", and he smiles slightly before kneeling down and hugging her back.

Romano, Belarus, and Lithuania are crowded by no less but maybe more than seven states.

The Netherlands is crowded by three states who would later be identified as New York, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania. New Jersey and Delaware join this group after welcoming Sweden.

Not many seem to notice Germany, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Veneziano, Latvia, Poland, and China until America calls to the states on the other couch, all of them entranced by the video game.

"Midwest!" Alfred addresses the group. "We have some guests." The states playing pause their game, and a couple sitting on the couch jump over the back, careful of the toddlers still on the floor.

Speaking of the toddlers, they've been joined by two of the three infants, the state most recognize as Washington holding one of the two infants while sitting on the floor. Alfred is still holding the baby as he was earlier.

The group known as 'Midwest' comes over to meet the countries, as do Several states from the kitchen. Finland enters the room and is swarmed by states, followed by exclamations of "grandpa!" in numerous languages. The happy nature of the room changes once England, Spain, and France enter the room.

Two states - Illinois and North Dakota - move protectively in front of Washington, Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and U.S. Virgin Islands, who is being held by Washington. The states crowding Finland retreat, moving towards the middle of the room.

A group of fifteen move to the front of the room, towards the three Colonizers. Other countries and states, sensing the tense atmosphere, move aside, allowing what were once the original thirteen colonies to approach the group of three.

"You have a lot of nerve, showing up here." Delaware, the Sweden-England-America mashup snarled, stopping in front of England and glaring. "Especially you, Arthur Kirkland."