Breakfast.22

Chapter 22

"Get up Uncle Den!" Denmark's wake up call is water to the face via a water pistol and two states working together to ouch him out of the bed. The states, are Alabama and Mississippi, the pranksters of the South.

"Fuck!" He exclaims as his face makes contact with the floor.

"I told y'all not t' do that again!" Georgia says breathily, having run to the room. Louisiana is right behind her, arms crossed.

"At least we didn't use th' pipsqueaks to wake him up like th' Dakotas," Alabama points out in his southern drawl.

"Y' didn't need t' break his nose!" Georgia protests.

"But we didn't!" Mississippi argues with a smile.

"Nhhgg," Denmark groans. "I'm fine Georgia," he assures her before getting up with a smile. "Let's go make breakfast for 70!" The states all groan but get moving anyway.

Downstairs, Belarus, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida are already starting to make breakfast.

"Florida! Will you help me make turnovers?" Georgia asks the moment she sets foot into the kitchen.

"I'm making orange juice, have the Carolinas help!" The Sunshine State replies, gathering a humorously large amount of oranges to make fresh orange juice from.

"North, South?" Georgia turns to her siblings with a pleading smile. "I can't do it alone!"

"Free peaches for the next three weeks for the both of us," North Carolina barters.

"Two weeks and half-off for the third," Georgia argues.

"..." the twins think for a moment. "Deal."

While those three are making peach, apple, cherry, and blueberry turnovers and Florida and Alabama are making orange juice, the rest of the states and the two countries start on the rest of the breakfast. Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas are in charge of eggs and bacon. Denmark managed to rope Kentucky and Tennessee into making Raggmunk and Värmlandskorv (potato pancakes and potato sausage). Belarus and West Virginia are left with the task of making 140 pieces of toast, keeping them warm, and finding the butter and jams.

At some point, countries and states start waking up and leaving their rooms, either going into the living room or into the dining room.

"Uh, guys?" Finland says after walking into the dining room. "Were they here earlier?" In front of the Finnish man are the sleeping forms of Latvia, Washington, Montana, and North and South Dakota.

"Uhh, maybe?" Alabama says after looking into the room while the coffee is brewing. He and Florida finished making orange juice and were now making coffee and tea.

Finland sighs before waking the five, noticing the game of Monopoly before them.

"Have fun?" Finland asks as Latvia wakes up.

"Jā" Latvia answers in his native tongue, nodding. Finland smiles as the states also reply positively.

"That's good. Breakfast should be done soon.

"Coffee!" Washington exclaims, standing and running into the kitchen. Montana and the Dakotas stand to stretch out the kinks in their backs and necks from sleeping in their stiff positions.

America and Russia come downstairs, the former carrying Northern Marianna Islands and American Samoa, and the latter carrying U.S. Virgin Islands. Samoa starts crying, making America try to quiet her before the other two start crying.

America shifts his body so that his arm is under N. Marianna Islands instead of around her. In a fluid, seamless movement, Massachusetts takes the infant from her father, and continues on into the living room. America walks into the kitchen where Florida has baby formula ready for the young island personification.

"Thanks darlin'," America says, a southern twang to his voice.

"No problem ma," Florida smiles brightly, grabbing the other two bottles for her other two infant siblings.

Alfred returns to the living room, sitting down with Samoa and begins feeding her. Florida hands on bottle to Russia and the other to Massachusetts.

Elsewhere in the living room, Prussia is regaling last night's Nerf Battle to Germany and Veneziano. Latvia is excitedly telling Lithuania about his Monopoly game with the Dakotas, Montana, and Washington, though the excitement might be from Latvia's joy from making new friends.

"So Amérique," France approaches the superpower. "What is on the agenda today?" Nearby nations and states quiet, wanting to hear America's answer.

"Well today is the Southeast's last day here before they have to go back to their states for work so they get to choose." America says a bit uncertainly.

"Wait, they all live separately?" China questions in surprise. Germany, North Italy, Latvia, England, France, and Spain all turn to look at America in surprise. "Aren't they a little young aru?"

"No, they have a house in the middle of their region for them to all live together, and some of the older ones have their own houses in their own states. The territories, D.C., Alaska, Hawaii, and I all live in this house. The only time they're living in their own state is when they have extensive meetings with their governors." Alfred explains.

"And Dad comes to stay in each region every few weeks, rotating between us all!" Oklahoma adds cheerily.

"BREAKFAST!" Denmark shouts from the kitchen, ending the conversation.

"So," America begins after everyone's seated with breakfast. "As it's the Southeast's last day here, what do you guys and to do today?"

"Regional meeting!" Virginia shouts, and the Southeastern states get from their seat and meet in the kitchen.

"Busch Gardens!" Alabama shouts excitedly, running back into the dining hall. Cheers and groans follow this announcement as the rest of the Southeastern states return.

"That's not in D.C.!" Maryland protests.

"But it's fuuunnnn!" Connecticut argues.

"Busch Gardens it is, then!" America announces, silencing the grumbles of protest.

"Get prepared for a long drive!" Rhode Island calls out.

"Just how long of a drive is he referring to?" Germany asks Lithuania, the nearest country who may know where the Gardens are.

The Baltic nation shrugs. "A couple hours."

"Is it not just in the next state?" Germany questions.

"Yes, but America's country is rather large, the third largest in the world," Lithuania responds before returning to his breakfast.

"Mein Gott," Germany groans, knowing that a certain Italian is going to get very bored on this trip, and a bored Veneziano with nothing to do is not a good thing.

A/N: so this story is going to be wrapping up between chapters 25 and 30. Sadly, updates may be delayed (more than usual) as school for me is starting next week. That, combined with some writer's block means that chapters will take longer to write and post.