Nerf.21

Chapter 21

"Alright Team Awesome Tomatoes," Gilbert says to his and Romano's team of states. "This is war. The price of loosing is terribly unawesome."

"Sí," New Mexico agrees. "I don't know about you guys, but I don't want to cook and clean tomorrow for breakfast."

"Then let's get those bastards!" Romano shouts, raising his nerf gun in the air. The states copy him with a cheer.

"Alright kinder, what's our awesome bottle strategy?" Prussia asks the assembled states.

-_-_-

"Okay Slavic Vikings," Kentucky says as Denmark and Belarus finish setting up the mats with Denmark and Romano.

"We never agreed on that as our team name!" Florida protests.

"Shush, it is now," Kentucky waves her sister off.

"Do we have a game plan?" Belarus asks as her and Denmark join the group.

"No," Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia reply together.

"I say we rush 'em," Arkansas decides.

"We can't afford to loose though," West Virginia points out.

"Is it the usual stakes of looser cooks and cleans for the next meal?" Denmark asks.

"Yep," South Carolina confirms. "And I don't know about you guys-" A cheer comes from Prussia and Romano's group, cutting S.C. off and causing everyone to pause and look in their direction. "But I do not want to cook for and clean up after 70 people."

"No thank you," North Carolina comments, shuddering.

"Okay, so what's our game plan, then?" Florida asks impatiently.

-_-_-

"England," Delaware addresses the bushy-eyebrowed nation. The Inter-Regional Council had finished with group questioning. "What is your purpose for coming here? Last time you were in this house, you had to be removed. Why return?"

"..." England doesn't respond for a few moments, thinking. "Instinct and curiosity," he finally responds.

"Elaborate," Texas demands. These states will take no risks when it comes to their younger siblings. "Curiosity about what?"

"America's parenting, I suppose. It would be a shame if all of his children were neglected or fed purely on fast-food, or lazy, arrogant pigs, or -" England is cut off by a hand around his throat. Surprisingly, it's not Texas or Virginia, it's Indiana.

Germany looks surprised at this Indiana as she's much more different from the bubbly state with a car obsession that he met earlier yesterday. Italy Veneziano looks frightened at the turn of events. France and Spain are surprised as well, but it's hard to tell if they're surprised at England, Indiana, or both. China is just shaking his head. Apparently he's the only visiting nation who understands that America's children are fiercely protective of their father and insulting him is a sure-fire way to get attacked.

"I'd be careful Colonizer," California warns, amusement in her voice. "My sis may not look like much, but she and the rest of those Midwesterners are hella strong."

"You don't get another warning," Indiana says threateningly. "If you smack-talk my dad again, you'll be black-and-blue or riddled with bullet holes, and kicked back to your country faster then you can say 'God save the Queen'. Understood?"

"Is that a threat?" England asks as best he can with a hand around his throat, his former pirate coming out a bit.

"Damn right it is. A threat, and a promise," Texas speaks ups.