Notepad.9

Chapter 9

At a Eurasia meeting

It had been three days since Kentucky broke Cuba's nose at the last world meeting. Germany had called a meeting of the countries of Europe and Asia to discuss the secrets the North American continent had been hiding. For once the assembled countries were quiet and everyone was present.

"For those of you who are unaware, three days ago during a world meeting we had a bit of a surprise." The German nation opened the meeting. "Two of America's states had attended the meeting in his stead. This was a surprise to most as America didn't share this secret with his fellow countries. I have reason to believe that the 'Iowa' from the previous month's meeting is also one of these states."

"How does this concern us?" Russia asks calmly. He knows that Alfred prefers to keep the states as secret as possible.

"It appears that several countries know about the states" Germany answers, eyes sweeping the room. Many of the countries who know the states try to avoid the German's gaze.

"And who would they be, aru?" China asks.

Germany looks down at his notebook as he begins to list off countries. "Mexico, Canada, Prussia, Finland, Denmark, Hungary, and Japan." Germany sounds disappointed as he reads off the name of his old ally.

"Seeing that Finland and Denmark know, I can infer that Sweden, Iceland, and Norway all know these states as well. Am I wrong?" Germany looks at the assembled Nordic countries with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes," Finland answers. "All of the Nordics know."

Germany simply nods, writing something down in his notebook before looking up again. "Would anyone else like to come clean about their knowledge of America's states?"

France, England, Spain, Romano, Belarus, Netherlands, Lithuania, and Russia all raise their hands, most of them in a resigned manner. Germany sighs before writing the names down.

"Fratello!" Veneziano cries with surprise. "You knew? And didn't tell me?!"

"You never asked," Lovino replies, shrugging his shoulders.

"Would anyone care to explain how they know about the states?" Germany sounds tired as he asks the question.

"We Nordics know because Fin and Sve are America's parents," Denmark states bluntly. Several countries turn to look at the group of Northern Europeans in shock.

"What?!" France and England demand in sync.

"Don't you remember?" Finland asks in an almost sickly sweet tone. "I was the one who led you to my little America, and then the two of you began to fight over Sweden and I's son and eventually take him and his brother for yourselves." He has a smile on his face, but Finland's eyes are cold and hard.

There's a tense atmosphere in the room as France and England begin to feel nervous. The room seems to drop ten degrees as Finland's smile drops and he glares at the colonizers.

Germany clears his throat. "Prussia?"

"Easy," the albino ex-nation says with a wave of his hand. "I trained the awesome America and his awesome states when they were still colonies."

"Ve~ Speaking of colonies, that must be how England, France, and Spain know of the states!" Italy inferences, speaking up from next to Germany.

"Non" France disagrees. "We only met the states after the last World Meeting."