CHAPTER ONE

"They're asking you back Ahsoka... I'm asking you back." My Master said as he handed me my chain. It was beaded with beautiful, diamond-shaped, metal beads. I went to grab my chain, but stopped. I thought of everything I've been through. The council didn't trust me, why should I stay? Who knows if I get turned on again? What happens then? Instead of grabbing my chain, I closed my master's hands. I looked up at him tears in my eyes and shook my head. "I'm sorry, Master. I'm not coming back." I started to walk out. I heard my master follow shortly after. Once he say me in sight he called out, "Ahsoka! Wait! I need to talk to you." I paused but I didn't look back. I didn't want to cry even more. There was nothing my Master could do to change my decision. "Why are you doing this?" My master asked. Finally, I turned to face him. Then I answered, "The council didn't trust me. How can I trust myself?", "What about me?" My master asked, "I believed in you! I stood by you!" My master started to yell. A felt a small tear stroke down my face. It was a storm that was just beginning. "I know you believed in me, Anakin, and I'm grateful for that. But this isn't about you. I can't stay here any longer... not now." I answered as another tear fell. "The Jedi Order is your life! You can't just throw it away like this. Ahsoka, you are making a mistake." He was right the Jedi order is my life. I'm leaving everyone I ever loved, and everyone that was family to me. "Maybe. But I have to sort this out on my own, without the council and without you." I answered. They storm seemed now at its worst. "My Master looked away. I could tell he was crying, too. "I understand, more than you realize, I understand, wanting to walk away from the Jedi Order." All I could say at this point was...     "I know."      ...Then everything faded away...

                               • • •
          "AHSOKA, AHSOKA!" A faded voice called. I must have been sleeping. The dream felt so real. It was real, but it was just a mere memory that sometimes haunts me. It was one of the last times I say my master before he became a completely different person. I woke up and gently opened my eyes. "You were talking. I assumed it was a nightmare." Sabine said. I thought about this. "What did I say?" I asked. "All you said was, 'I know', but you were also crying." I stroked my tan cheek. And down from my eyes to my chin, was wet. Although I was really embarrassed, I managed a smile. Then I said, "It was more happy than sad. Or well I guess it would be like a bitter, sweet combination." Sabine looked curios as always then asked,"If you don't mind, can you tell me about it?"  I took a deep breath and then started. "It was one of the last times I saw my true master. It was when I left the Jedi Order." I answered. She didn't answer, but just to change the subject and to end the awkward silence I said, "Well, we should get going." Sabine looked determined and then said, "I've already figured out to start. We will find Ezra there, Hopefully."