ix - virus

𝚈 𝙾 𝙾 𝙽 𝙶 𝙸

MY CLENCHED FISTS loosen, trembling. I lift my head; all I could see are the hole coming from below the door where a small amount of light streaks in, and darkness itself. Nothing else.

My head aches, so much. I want to vomit, but I couldn't. I want to scream but my voice croaks hoarse. Every time I try to break free from these handcuffs, the metal just gets tighter and tighter, its sharp steel grazing against my skin that sometimes I thought it has already cut the deep part of my skin.

The air filling the room is so dense making sweat stream down my face that it's hard to recognize I have my eyes dwelled with tears. I have no idea how long I have been locked up here. But to my own state, it's clear that I am celled for the reason that when the time comes my humanity disappears, I'll disappear and transform without harming any of them.

"Argh." I gnarl, clenching my fists. The sound of jiggling chains rings into my ears. I couldn't take the pain anymore. My chest, though unwounded, hurts so bad. The gash on my arm's producing steam, the skin completely peeled off revealing the flesh. Blood keep on trickling out of the wound.

My mind spins. My sight blurs every time I try to focus looking around. I breathe hard feeling as though my neck's held tight like I'm thrown underwater.

You'll be one of them too.

It hisses in my head. I bite my lip, trying not to talk back. I shut my eyes close not wanting to hear it again. I don't want to lose my sanity again. It had been a long time since that annoying voice spoke in my head. But not this time.

You failed them, Min Yoongi.

"I didn't." I spat. "I saved Jin-hyung. If it weren't for me he would've died and he'd be in my place."

But you failed. As a person. You've been boasting to end all of this by doing your job.

I snicker.

Look at you! It laughs. This serves you right! Bound in chains like the failure and monster you are. Clearly a lesson for betraying his plans, yes?

"Why don't you just leave me alone?!" I grit my teeth. My wrists are shaking out of anger.

It's a miracle you're still surviving the virus. But don't worry, soon enough you'll find yourself wandering around, eventually realizing you're killed by one of your friends—

"Shut up. Shut up! That's not gonna happen. This is my life! Leave me alone!"

It's a pity. You lived your life killing zombies to survive. Tell me, Yoongi, what do you desire?

"I don't desire anything."

Really, huh? Then why do you hunt these creatures down? What is the reason behind . . . joining these men?

"You don't know anything. I'd rather die not hurting their feelings." I blink away the tears, looking down. Nobody knows about the secret I've been hiding for years. I don't want to tell them about what had happened. Of what had started this wildfire.

Before I could zone out recalling the time before I met them, I hear a clicking sound. I open my eyes looking up. I am suddenly welcomed by the bright light, contrasting to a dark figure standing at the doorway.