xliii - kenopsia

𝚈 𝙾 𝙾 𝙽 𝙶 𝙸

CLOSING THE DOOR, I make my way towards the edge of the bed, my mind once again rushing wildly of thoughts and the sinking feeling of saying those three words to her, even if I knew I meant it. Taehyung is fast asleep, his back facing me.

"She says she loves you too," I whisper while looking away, exhaling. I had a a lot of questions in mind to ask her, especially this place. How she found out about her biological family might have gone bad that I want to talk to her about it, even if it wasn't any of my business. Talking to her outside the room, with Alpha being there, sends me nothing but unsettling discomfort, as the last time we talked didn't go well.

The claustrophobic room doesn't do any help to my dilemma.

I wanted to talk to her but then, it seems like our bond is slowly drifting away. I'm afraid to just think about it. I love her still, but maybe it's time to let go. She found her happiness in someone else, but that doesn't mean I'll stop looking out for the only one that ties me to her.

I turn around to look at Taehyung again, carefully tucking the blankets in as he sleeps peacefully, before silently leaving the room after turning the lights off. I close the door behind me and was about to head for the stairs, when I hear another door close.

Turning around, my jaws clench at the sight of Alpha leaving the bathroom while ruffling his wet, dark hair, as the white shirt hangs loosely around his slightly tanned build. He notices my presence, our eyes locking for a moment with the cool atmosphere filling the narrow corridor. Thinking that sharing a conversation with him would be rendered useless, I turn away from him and stride further for the stairs.

"Hyung."

I stop on my tracks, but I keep my eyes on the stairs.

"Can I ask you something?"

I pause, closing my eyes and inhaling sharply. "Go ahead."

It takes a few moments for him to recollect himself, as if he were finding the right words to say. "Do you. . . Do you know who the first experiment is, by any chance?" I turn around, staring at him sternly as he continues. "(Y/N) mentioned it to me earlier, about you guys. You're Subject Beta, right?"

So he calls her (Y/N) now, huh?

"Was Subject Beta," I tell him in a monotonous voice. "I'm not taking part of any of the Doctor's plans. None of us in here are."

He looks away with a nod. "I'm sure you heard him."

I raise an eyebrow; he glances back at me.

"What Jackson said."

Jackson's mocking voice rings into my head as it undermines me with anger, but I manage to recall him saying the name 'Jeon Jungkook'. Scenes of the fight earlier, with the Force chasing us and everything else isn't something I would want to invade my already anxious mind, and so I take a breathe and look at Alpha intently. "Whoever you are isn't my business."

I set on my heels, thankfully with that he doesn't say anything else when I reach the stairs. As I open the door I hear a faint sound of a closing door behind.

The living room welcomes me with the quiet filling in except for (Y/N)'s grandmother humming a melody as she mutters in a raspy, susurrous manner. Sunlight streaks in from the square bayed window of where the chair faces to, blending with the shadows that reside the walls from the corners. I stride across the room towards the kitchenette and open the small fridge, of which is unsurprisingly vacant as fumes of chilling air seep out, only for a pair of Sprite bottles to show contained inside the chiller.