xl - reconcile

Author's Note/ okay so I wasn't intending to make this chapter SO LONG but guess what. this was supposed to be shorter yet things didn't go according to plan. anyway, hope you read this thoroughly so you may understand the events to follow. also i may not be able to update this weekend cause my grandma would be staying over at our home, so the next chapters will be updated next week. enjoy! ☕

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺

YUGYEOM AND I THEN HEAD INTO THE SECOND COMPARTMENT to see Jaebum the only one awake. Beside where he sat lay someone who is clearly unfamiliar to me, but when I see how their hands are holding each other I made the assumption that the person sleeping could be Jinyoung-the person he's been looking for. Behind them is another person fast asleep yet I don't recognize who it is. Jaebum may have noticed our presence, for he looked up at us after the panels closed in as we entered.

There is an unusual tension filling the air of silence as he averts and scoffs. "What now?"

"Where are the others? Are they okay?" I ask in concern, avoiding his rudeness since it hit me that seeing the eyes of Jinyoung closed isn't because he's sleeping, but it's that his lips are tainted in faint blue and the complexion of his face is undoubtedly pale.

"Does it look like I know?" Jaebum snickers, sending a slight glare towards my direction. "See it for yourself, doe eyes. Maybe you'd realize how much they've been through to save you."

I stare at him and yet I'm not surprised anymore; whatever insult that comes from him from now on is the least of my worries.

"Hyung—this isn't gonna help, stop it," Yugyeom chides reluctantly, but it doesn't budge Jaebum to the slightest that he continues.

"What, you're gonna make me as well, feed me up with one of your useless sympathies?" he glares at Yugyeom. "I can't believe you're siding up with that ungrateful person who doesn't even know his place. What everyone else does here isn't a joke, so at least try to shove that down your throat."

Yugyeom presses his lips into a thin line, sparing a glance at me before letting out a sigh. "Someone just died, hyung. Why are you being like this?"

"Because I expected that you're the first person to understand." He huffs, looking away from us and staring at Jinyoung as he squeezes his hand. "He's dying, and I can't even do anything about it. . . I thought you'd understand that but maybe I'm wrong—"

"You're not!" Yugyeom snaps which makes Jaebum's brows furrow. "I understand that you love him so much. But see to it that he's still there. He's holding on, hyung. He's fighting. You're the only one who's thinking you're helpless but you're not." His hands are clenched into fists, Jaebum then looking away. "Bam Bam was gone before I knew it. And I couldn't even do anything. . . Jinyoung's still there and he's trying to hold on. Everyone is. All of us! So please, stop being so selfish and be considerate. At least for Jinyoung."