xxv - trap

Yoongi

SEOKJIN STOPS THE VAN SOMEWHERE BY A CLIFF, overlooking the vast, dark clearing that can't even be illumined by the dim, smiling moon hovered in the starless sky. He soon pulls the break, as soon as he did, everyone turns their heads toward the back where Jinyoung and I are seated.

"Get started with your talk immediately before I can slice off your head," Jin says, almost trying hard to look snarky which doesn't merely seem to work on the guy beside me.

And when Jin says that otherwise, Hoseok instantly lets out a snort. "What the heck? Isn't that supposed to be Yoongi's line?"

"Shut up," I send him a glare.

"Told you so," he shrugs, ignoring my reaction when to break the sliding silence, Namjoon coughs clearing his throat.

"Quiet, please. Let him speak."

"Thanks for shutting their mouth," Jinyoung suddenly speaks up with a quirky tone, "I owe you one." Followed by consecutive scoffs from Jin and Hoseok. "Shall I start?"

"Whatever you please," I can hear the one in the driver's seat mumble under his breath.

"Is your wound okay now?" I ask him,

Jinyoung spares me a weird glance, before he finally starts with his long ass explanation. Well we deserve his novel-ish speech, the same way he deserves to explain what type of dumbness he just did which almost caused an accident. "So if you don't mind me starting on where I just came from since I think you're wondering why would someone pop out of nowhere, long story short. I escaped from a place I've been locked in for centuries. Well, not really centuries. But I've been celled there for I don't know how long but it's been so long—"

"Yeah yeah I get what you mean. Just get straight to the point 'cause your actually just confusing us if you keep on saying how long it is and blah blah—"

"Jin, someone's talking." Namjoon chides.

"Oops, my bad."

"Anyway, so the thing here is: I've been looking for some people, and truth be told, I didn't expect that there are still guys who are alive. You can't expect me to pinpoint that creatures can crazily drive a van, right? I mean, my foresight's poor to be honest—"

"No one cares."

"Kim Seokjin." Namjoon calls him by his full name, and that just means the jerk has crossed the line. Jin instantly shuts up and turns away, huffing in annoyance.

Jinyoung, on the other hand, thankfully ignores him. I don't want him to fully freeze Jin to death; no death wish, just no. "So back to what I'm saying, I thought you guys are those I've been looking for, but yeah, I wasn't able to stop my own momentum and I only realized that I was about to die if you didn't see me crossing the road."

"No offense, but why did you have to cross the road?" Hoseok asks.

"Tsk. Guess we got some misinterpretations here. I only thought of stopping you."

"So where did you come from?" Namjoon asks, dropping off the intensifying subject.

"What do you mean by that?"