l - inhuman

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺

IT HURTS. EVERYTHING.

The suffocating feeling inside of me refused to leave, with my body telling me it's time to stop but I don't; I push myself forward, taking every sprint through the snowcapped road with the building set ablaze in the winter night, as the freezing wind hits me over and over, the tears streaming down my face. Every part of my body seems to fall apart, caused by the unbearable pain and the throbbing in my chest. It keeps my hand clenched around the gun's handle, the flickering lights from the lampposts beginning to swirl into spirals of amorphous shades.

Namjoon's blurry face emerges through my vision with the shadow covering his face against the burning light, reminding me that he's just one-of whom I had no choice but to leave behind. I can remember how cold the gun feels when he stuffs it in my hand, giving me an expression I couldn't decipher, but his eyes; they prevent me from thinking about the gun in my hand, of which the Doctor wielded before it fell out of his grip. Namjoon-hyung-his eyes are something else that bear a labyrinth of emotions.

"There's still time left," he tells me in a lower whisper, holding my hand briefly before letting go. "I hope you're brave enough to do it, Jeon Jungkook."

Yet I couldn't say something back. My tongue felt like curling to a close, not giving a hint of spitting out at least a word and my legs forcing me to run away.

Everyone is dead.

I left them. All of them.

And yet I'm here. Alive.

What purpose would this even bring me to?

They fought with me as I fought with them-those three years of striving for strength to endure and survive this dystopian world, as we hide under the darkness, away from the lurking shadows of the night-we thought we were the hunters, but all of it turns out wrong.

We were the prey. We were used, controlled, as our minds have been twisted into a false form of reality, having that perception that life still exists. Well, it does. It does exist-but that life has been long corrupted, overcome and now been owned by someone I wished I have never crossed paths with. However it is inevitable, for even if our eyes have been opened to what is really happening, the effect and the outcome of the cruelty and torment being inflicted upon those who only wished to live has been crushed.

All I wanted. . . All we wanted is to live.

Is that too much to ask for?

Is being human. . . too much the cost?

With the price we pay to live in a world that's dead, is it even worth it?

"Sometimes. . . you won't be able to stop what's bound to happen."

"You're a good friend to me, Jungkook. I'll always remember that."

"Their means of death however doesn't justify the fact that they're gone, even if they're finally free from all of this. . . We're gonna get revenge for them, man. I swear that to the gods."

"There's still time left. I hope you're brave enough to do it, Jeon Jungkook."

"You take care of her, Jungkook."

Her. . .

I'm running. I'm still running, for all I can see is a dark, empty road that leads into unknown. Everything's spinning with the wind hitting my face over and over and the tears running down my face relentlessly. The light is too bright, making me squint my eyes until a dark figure hovers above, feeling my hands being taken as I feel something soft yet cold-freezing cold-beneath me.