xiv - silence

Note: When you see a time indicated it means it's a flashback

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺𝟺 : 𝟶 𝟶 𝙰 𝙼 | 𝚃 𝚄 𝙴 𝚂 𝙳 𝙰 𝚈

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺
𝟺 : 𝟶 𝟶 𝙰 𝙼 | 𝚃 𝚄 𝙴 𝚂 𝙳 𝙰 𝚈

EVER SINCE WE RETURNED TO TOWN, I started having difficulties in sleeping. It's not that I've already got insomnias or anything, but I just can't help thinking of what happened, everything seemed to run into my mind all at once. I still couldn't believe someone like me—human—managed to survive the apocalypse years ago. It doesn't actually feel good to me, but more like a relief. I thank that she's alive, but I had to accept she's also fighting for her life to survive like the rest of us.

Her image suddenly flashes into my mind again. Oh, how intimidating her voice can be at times, but her eyes are the ones that seemingly have caught my attention. It feels weird and mystical at the same time. They shift from blue to green, then they'd darken like the earth.

Stop it, I scold myself, realizing I've been thinking about her eyes ever since I've laid down on bed. I sit up and look out the window. The darkness is still there, but I can notice a hint of blue emerging from the sky. The moon is nowhere to be seen. I look at the time.

4:12.

Almost like I haven't slept. But it's better than falling asleep then having a nightmare instead. I think of the others. Maybe they're still asleep, since last night was pretty rough.

I close my eyes and sigh, then open them again to look around at my room. Small, yet spacey. It's so dark in here and the quiet seems undermining. I don't feel any sleepy at all, but I'm still tired.

For a moment, I shuffle across the bed and look for something that's been on the table. It takes a while for me to find it. Soon I feel the hard object beneath my fingers. It's tiny and easy to lose, but it doesn't fall off and get lost when you put in on your ear.

As I finally get it in my hand, I sit back down on the bed, about to put it on.

My fingers suddenly tremble. The comm falls to the floor. I mutter out a curse under my breath. I feel strange; my fingers are still shaking. I then make my way towards where I know the switch is so I can turn on the light, making sure I didn't step on the comm by accident. I feel the switch, then click it on.

My eyes land on the comm laid somewhere near the foot of the bed, so I walk back there and is about to pick it up when out of the corner of my eye, something catches my attention.

I look up, forgetting about the comm just right in front of me, my eyes staring right at the window glass, but it's not the window glass.

Blood.

Stained on the glass. A mess.

I blink a few more times, startled.

Then I look at the window again.