xxii - identity

[] [] []

영선, 부산
송 이 쓴
전 상 민

31st December, 2033

Isseun,

I know that I don't have the right to talk to you, for I am aware that I am not in the right state of mind to do this. You and Heekyung do not deserve any of this.

I've been cherishing our memories, our friendship. Those days are nothing compared to the happiness I felt when I met you. I would never regret loving you, dear Isseun. You are the reason why I have someone to follow my dreams-our son.

Do not worry, love. I will come back; I promise that. I know this is all wrong. I did it wrong. But to me everything's right. It has always been. Yet it pains me, still, seeing you leave and be with Heekyung. I cannot blame you anyway. I just hope that he will take care of you and our son.

How is our son, by the way? He must have grown so much. I've been longing to see who he looks like more. I have this feeling he looks more like me, though. Well, even if I'd die to see him, the odds are all against me. But don't worry. I know and I trust you have taught him and made him become a good son.

I am truly sorry, Isseun. It just happened that I'm not able to hold this sickness any longer. I cannot fight it, and I feel guilty you have taken even the responsibility of everything. It truly is my fault. I am sorry.

Heekyung will explain everything to you about me. For all I know, the police are quite after me. And the investigation's not yet done about me. I hope that no else will know, apart from you and Heekyung, about us having a child. Even my employees seem to question me and my state of mind.

Please give this to our son. I hope he'll wear it from now on. That way when the time comes, I'll go and find him.

Goodbye, Isseun. I love you. Never once in my life I have forgotten about you and Jungkook.

Jeon Sangmin

[] [] []

Jungkook.

The words are flying out of the pages, clearly unknown to him, yet he is still able to hold himself back from telling anyone about what he just found out. He looks around frantically hoping no one has seen him reading it. And when he sees that the others are busy with what they're doing, he immediately folds the old, faded piece of paper and shoves it into his pocket, his heart beating fast.

His hands are shaking; the letter in his hand had been the one that was given to Song Heekyung, from Jeon Sangmin.

He looks off a distance, unable to process what had just gotten into his mind and what he had just read. The cold wind keeps on whipping his face, the dark clearing from afar making him wonder where they are.

"Alpha . . . Jimin . . . Where are you now?"

-

Jungkook

"COME IN . . . Oh, (Y-"

"Quiet. He's still asleep."

"Ayee, looks like someone's concerned."

"Shut it, Yugyeom. How is he?"

"He's doing fine . . . though I'm not sure about the wound on his leg. I think we should change the gauze . . . how are the others?"