xxix - scars

𝚃 𝙰 𝙴 𝙷 𝚈 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶

SOMEHOW I WOULD'VE THOUGHT that watching the camera footage over and over can at least drive my insomnias away; tables turned, it badly didn't work. As soon as we sneaked into the abandoned inn—thankfully the lights are still functioning—I instantly felt feverish, an eerie feeling that merely meant the place is unsettling. I wasn't prepared to stay in a room all by myself, so I was glad Yoongi offered to accompany me for the night. Of course, everyone else reacted in the slightest bit despite their efforts of hiding it, since it was pretty new and unusual to their eyes of Min Yoongi allowing himself to sleep with someone else in the room.

Yoongi on the other hand, didn't seem to mind; I as well. Now at this hour I possibly still couldn't believe that he has been off to sleep for a long while. I wonder how he is able to fall asleep just about anywhere. His back facing me, I can notice how comfortable he lies on his side on the not so comfortable bed.

Believe me, as soon as I felt the mattress' surface underneath my butt, I could already tell how much discomfort it has sent me that's why I'm here, unable to sleep even though I've tried every sleeping positions I know.

Amidst the darkness, I can feel the cold grazing my skin causing my teeth to chatter lightly as I stare at the brightly lit screen of Jin-hyung's tablet. All I can see are glitching lines of white and grey, a mixture of possible illusion and trickery. But despite of how probably corrupted the file is, I can make out a few movements of people entering, darting out and moving about the restaurant. The same scene keeps on starting as I tap on the replay button, a subtle attempt to make myself bored till my eyes can lull close, but it doesn't seem to work.

For the nth time, an exhausted exhale moves its way out of my lips.

"If you'll keep on doing that, it's no use."

No wonder why I couldn't hear any soft snores from him; he probably couldn't sleep either and it actually sends a moment of surprise to me. However, another thought comes into my mind and I'm not sure if the reason why he couldn't sleep was because of the noise the video was making that suddenly makes me feel sort of guilty. I turn my head over my shoulder, seeing him sit up, still turned on his back, the bright light coming from the screen showing the almost noticeable, huge scar slashed across his bare skin.

Until now I have no idea where he had gotten that.

I then come back to my senses, remembering that he is awake. "Hyung," I call out softly, but he doesn't say a word when I see how lifeless his body looks, showing zero movement. Still hesitant, I eventually have no choice but to ask him. "I'm sorry . . . but I guess you couldn't sleep. M-Maybe because—"

"I forgot to tell you to keep it low, anyhow you still didn't notice that."

Eyes widened, I shut the tablet down. "S-Sorry! I just thought that—"

"It's noisy, yeah, I know." He turns around, and now in the dark, I can see his slit eyes staring into mine with the moonlight streaming through in the window, illumining his face.

Suddenly, I think that he's regretted volunteering to keep me company. I look away and place the tablet to the side, feeling guilty. "Sorry."

"You don't have to repeat that over and over again," he says irritatingly. "I already told you it's fine."

"It doesn't look like you really are." I huff, slowly gaping back to him again. "Don't you feel cold?"

Shooting me a glare, he moves to a standing position, rounding the bed to stand in front of the window behind, causing me to follow his strides. Soon he halts, the scar on his back facing me once again. "Is there something wrong with sleeping shirtless?"