xxvi - departure

𝙹 𝚄 𝙽 𝙶 𝙺 𝙾 𝙾 𝙺

"HERE WE ARE."

"T-Thanks," I reluctantly say, a subtle attempt to show I'm actually not okay with that. If only she knew about my mild paranoia, well. Never mind that; maybe I can wander around and enter even at a clearly unfamiliar place. And besides, I shouldn't be feeling this way in front of her, I guess.

She sends me a nod which does no good, a quick reaction coming from my stomach as it clenches into knots. "Ah, don't worry, if you're thinking you'll come across Jaebum. I'm sure he won't mess up with you again." The voice of hers is simply good to make me calm, but not convincing enough.

"How are you sure about that?" It now makes sense to me why I suddenly felt a seizure of panic inside. I really don't know what exact word I can say to describe that Jaebum.

Imbecile, arrogant, annoying, asshat . . . a person who just about enjoys and feels pleased to see somebody being tortured—sadistic, maybe? No, definitely no. I'm being too much. Even though I guess Yoongi is better than him.

I feel my stomach clenching worse than before. The words are suddenly making me feel like they are being thrown back at me. I shake my head slightly. What on earth am I thinking?

In all expectations, she doesn't answer anything to assure me I won't see Jaebum again, but there's no way I won't. This might be a small cabin, and there's a slim chance of us not being able to come across each other's paths again.

"Please tell Jimin that I hope he's doing well," Omega says out of the blue, and, to my surprise, places a hand on my shoulder before I realize it. Eyes wide, I stare down at her hand for a moment; what a strange feeling. Her hand. The touch. A mixed sensation of warmth, comfort, and melancholy. And then it dawns on me—back to those swirling kaleidoscopes that just about gives me the reminder.

My heart is beating fast again.

With all the strength I could muster, I bite back forcefully all the panic surging through me, the nervousness crawling all over my body, the heat rising at south. The temptations.

Relief.

Her hand retracts immediately. "Sorry," she says. Did she sense it? "Did I make you uncomfortable? You don't want to be touched, maybe? I won't do it again if you feel uneasy with it."

And the voice. That voice.

I turn away and head for the knob, opening it without reluctance and entering. I have no more strength left to respond to her false hoped worry about me.

It was unsure of how long Jimin has been sitting at the side of the not so comfortable bed, I can tell, with his back facing me as he stares toward the window. I quickly step my thoughts aside, running away from my own anxieties as of now since I should be worrying about Jimin. Closing the door as it gives off a creaking noise, I see him turn his head over his shoulder.

"Hey," a warm smile is all I can do to at least make him feel okay. And with that he returns the same beam, but he turns away. I had no idea what happened to him, of what he went through which makes me much more worried about his state. "Jimin," I call out to his name, rounding the bed to see of his face, but when I did, I am suddenly taken aback of asking him if he's fine.