10

After talking with Tamaki a while longer he joined the others and I continued to type at my desk. By the time I look up from the screen and glance at the clock it is nearly one in the morning. The house is quiet and dark. I pull up the security cameras on my laptop and sigh in relief. All the guards are in their designated areas and ready to keep everyone safe.

'I suppose I should check on everyone before I head to bed. If I don't I'll end up not sleeping at all.'  I think to myself as I slowly get up. My body cracks and pops as I do so. 'That didn't sound good.'

I check the screen one last time before I pull up the flash light on my phone and make my way towards the door. The lights are out and the house is silent. I walk towards the living room and nearly laugh. Everyone is passed out on the mattresses that they were using to slide down the stairs. It's rather adorable. But something is off.  Someone is missing. A certain short third year. But his bunny is still on one of the mattresses. He doesn't leave anywhere without Usa-chan. That can only mean that he is close by.  'Should I look for him? He is older than me so he should be fine. But I can't shake this uneasy feeling.'

The feeling refuses to subside and before I know it my feet are moving on their own. I hear a loud clang come from the kitchen and decide to investigate. As I sneak my way there a hand grabs my shoulder. I jump a good ten feet in the air and turn to face my "attacker" while instantly getting into a fighting stance. 

"Mori? What the hell?! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" I whisper yell at the tired giant. "What are you doing up? It's one in the morning?"

"Mitsukuni." Mori yawns and walks past me into the kitchen.

"I swear if my siblings don't kill me these damned hosts will." I groan and fallow after the third year. When I enter the kitchen I see Honey mixing cake batter in a large bowl and Mori is leaning against a wall, falling asleep. I roll my eyes and walk up to them. 

"Whatch you up to Honey?" I stifle a yawn and place my elbows on the counter. Right into some cake batter at that. I internally groan and look at the boys.

"Hi (Y/N)- chan. I woke up and wanted some cake." Honey says and looks up at me. There is flour on his cheek and a little bit of batter on his nose. 

"Okay. Mori, why don't you go back to bed? I'll help Honey bake the cake." I look at the dark eyed boy and smile reassuringly at him. I don't know if it's because of how tired he is or if he trusts me  but he nods his head and walks out of the kitchen. 

"So what kind of caking are we making?" I ask and walk over to the sink and wash my hands. 

"A big strawberry cake. Do you like cake?" he suddenly looks at me and for a split second I'm afraid to answer. 

"Cake is alright I guess. For me it just depends on the frosting and flavor of the cake. Sammie loves cake though. I swear she has a bigger sweet tooth than you." I giggle and look at the cook book that he's using.

"She does? What's her favorite?" He asks and looks away from me. But I swear I see his ears a tinged pink.

"I'm not sure. It changes all the time. She just loves cake in general. When we were little she would always ask for cake at every meal. If she could have I bet that's all she would have had to eat back then."

"Really?"

"Yeah, our Mom was the same way. Always eating sweets." I sigh and start to gather more ingredients. 

"What was your mom like?" 

"Kind, loving, a pain in my ass on most days. But that's how moms are. She loved to sing while she tried to bake.  It was fun."

"(Y/N)-chan, what happened to your parents?"

"They were killed..." My eyes start to water and I quickly wipe them with the back of my hands. "So how far did you get with the batter?" I try to keep my voice even but it cracks. I bite the inside of my cheek and try to get a hold of myself. It takes me a few seconds but I regain control and am able to force my emotions aside. 

"I uh I just added the eggs when you came in. " Honey answers sadly. It seems like he wants to ask more about what happened but knows it's not a good time. After all he barely knows me. And if he knew the whole story he wouldn't want to get to know me either.                                'Thank you Honey-senpia. Thank you for not pressuring me to talk about it.'