21 Coffee Date P2

"So that's how my parents met and how the company got started. My dad's best friend is our family's lawyer. And he has me oversee it now. If anything happens to me then he gets full custody of my siblings and the company itself."

"I see. The most surprising part of that isn't even how your mother was once part of a circus but how quickly your father managed to build the company."

"Really? That's what you find surprising?" I look at him for a moment, trying to decide if he's serious or not, before I start to laugh and a sense of ease over takes me.

"I'm sorry. But did I say something funny?"

"Its just that-" laugh "I was worried about how you would respond about my mother." Snort "And it doesn't even phase you."

"Oh. Well I do see how you might have thought that. But in all honesty it really doesn't matter to me. I doubt anyone besides your family even knows."

"Mr.Hichna knows, but that's it. Not even my siblings know." I smile and look down at my coffee. "Mom and Dad were worried that it would make them feel ashamed of themselves and that they were lesser than others."

"Then why tell you?"

"Mom would still help out from time to time and take me to watch the shows whenever they were nearby. Remember what I told you on our first date?"

"That you learned how to walk on a tight rope when you were little."

"Yup. Do you really think they would just let any little girl come and learn?"

"I must admit that I did find that part to be quite puzzling me. And it also explains why your parents would allow such a thing."

"They are much like family to me. Although it's not very appealing to society, that's what they are."

"Well I'm sure they're all quite lovely. " Kyoya forces a smile and sip his tea. I let out a low sigh and break eye contact.

"You don't have to force yourself to say that. I know it's strange. I'd rather have you speak your mind than say something without meaning it."

"What makes you believe that my words have no meaning?"

"You forced a smile and immediately took a sip of your tea so you wouldn't have to continue talking." I look at him and frown. "I do the exact same thing when I'm in a meeting and have to deal with someone who will speak of rather distasteful things and many other boring subjects."

I place my hand over his and he stares at me. No words leaving him.
"There is no need for you to watch what you say to me Ootori. We've talked about this before. I'd much rather spend my time with someone who will speak their mind verses one who only will say what they think I want to hear."

"Yes. I did suggest that we only be our true selves now didn't I."

"You did. Now why don't we do that." I give him a closed eyes smile and feel him take hold of my hand. 
'Maybe this won't be that bad.'