Goodbye

Jaeger:

I taped the last box and looked around the apartment one last time. All the boxes were neatly stacked against the wall near the door making moving them out easier. The furniture and items for donation were on the other side awaiting pick up. I'd cleaned up all the rooms earlier and my suitcase was by the door. A few tears rolled down my cheeks but I quickly wiped them away. I needed to do this. The pain was unbearable.

I probably should have seen it coming sooner. I was just too focused on not making waves and doing whatever to make them happy. But I wasn't. Slowly they got closer and I got pushed out.

I sniffed and tugged at the end of my hoodie. I was stupid. Stupid for thinking they loved me as much as I loved them. Stupid for thinking a three way relationship could work. They stopped wanting me. My best friend and my dom.

I sighed as a knock on the door broke me out of my depressed thinking. I put the tape down and walked slowly to the door. I didn't even bother to look out the peephole -just opened the door.

Mistakes were made.

"Jaeger?"

I felt the color drain from my face. I did not want to see him. I tried to shut the door but he wedged his body in and pushed me back. He pulled the door from my grasp and made his way in, slamming the door behind him. His deep blue eyes looked around then landed on me. I kept my eyes on the floor.

"What's going on, J?"  His voice was deep with emotion.

I said nothing.  He wasn't supposed to find out until I was on the plane.

He stepped closer.  "A-Are you moving?"

Again, I said nothing.

He grabbed me by my upper arms and shook me. I tried to pull away but this grip was too strong. He brought his face closer and those deep blues were almost black and burning into my browns.

"Answer me!" he seethed.

I felt the stinging of tears. I wasn't ready.  "Yes! Alright!? I'm moving!"

His eyes widened.  "Where?! Why?!"

I'm not ready to do this.  He's too close to me.  I need to get away.  "I-I..."

He shook me again. "Jaeger!"

Those traitorous tears seared down my cheeks. "I can't do this anymore!"

"Do what?"

"Be the third wheel to you and Candon."

He was shocked by my words. "Babe, you're –"

I knew what he'd say and quickly cut him off. "I am!" I pulled away and turned my back to him. "For months I have been. You two have been too wrapped up in each other to notice me." I heard him walk up behind me but he made no effort to touch me.

"That's not true," his voice was smaller.

"It is. You know it."

It was quiet between us as Paul processed my words. I went to the kitchen and leaned on the counter. I heard him sniffing and fought the urge to go to him and comfort him. There was another knock and I quickly went to get it. Paul hustled past me to the bathroom to get himself together. I opened the door and smiled at my parents.

"Ready, kiddo?"

I nodded. Paul came out of the bathroom and greeted my parents.

Paul held his hand out to me.  "Jay, can you walk me down real quick?"

Grabbing his hand, I nodded and followed him out. We stood awkwardly at the building entrance. Suddenly, he slammed me up against the wall with his lips firmly against mine. I opened my mouth and kissed him with every ounce of emotion I was feeling. Tears rolled down both our faces mixing into our kiss. A moan escaped me as he grabbed me by my butt and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs tightly around his waist and kissed him so fiercley I knew we'd both have swollen lips.  This was goodbye.

He pulled away first burying his head in my shoulder, our chests heaving trying to get in oxygen. He continued to hold me up as he sobbed. I ran my fingers through his dark brown hair and kissed him softly all over.

"Don't go, Jay. Please! I'll fix it! Please!" he begged.

My heart clenched and more tears fell. "It's too late for that."

"Bullshit! No, it's not! Please! Please! Please. Jaeger. Baby, don't do this."

My throat began to burn and I kissed the side of his face. "I still love you. Always will." I unwrapped my legs from his waist and he put me down. He kissed me hard one last time and pulled away.

"I'm sorry." He wiped my still falling tears and pressed a lingering kiss to my forehead.

I wiped his tears from his cheeks and pecked him one more time then turned and walked away. Sorry doesn't make it hurt less. Ever.

*Something new.  More than likely chapters will be shorter than what I usually write.