Relief

Paul

I threw my textbook across the room and scrubbed my hands down my face in frustration. I'd read the same page four times and still had no fucking clue what I was reading. I stood and began pacing. Candon had been gone for less than a day but I was still restless. He said he was going on a business trip but for some reason, my gut told me this wasn't an ordinary business trip.

Since he found out about Jaeger, he's been quiet and preoccupied. Knowing him he probably had half the planet looking for our missing partner. God I hoped so. I missed Jaeger. I hated the way we left things. Unresolved. We should have sat down, the three of us, and talked about this. Sorted it out. Instead , in my shock and confusion, I let him leave and didn't tell Candon what was happening.

God, what a screw up I am! I ran a hand through my hair tugging on the strands. If Candon brought Jay home I would become the best man I could be for him. Jay has been my friend since I came out to my family.

When I had nowhere to go he was there. When my friends and lover abandoned me, he was there. When I was feeling down he was there. When I was close to failing out of college he was there to kick my ass into shape. He suggested I get my masters. When I told him some of the feelings I had when I started exploring bdsm he suggested finding a dom and introduced me to Candon.

I never would come between them . That's why Candon and I have the no sex clause in our contract. Sex is the ultimate form of connection between two people. Besides, I'm not all that keen on being penetrated. I like to top and I can do that with Jay. Our relationship is slightly unorthodox but in this triad it works. Or so I thought.

I just want him home. If nothing else, so we can talk and work this out. I don't want to lose him. Hell, it was Candon who encouraged me to pursue my feelings for Jay. If I knew this would happen, I would have kept to myself. God, how could I fuck this up for all of us?

The phone rang and I almost ignored it until I recognized it was Jay's ring tone. I nearly killed myself running to the other side of the room tripping over the table. "Hello?! Jaeger?!"

"Relax, Paul. It's Candon."

I looked at my phone and squinted at the number. "Why do you have Jay's phone?"

"I'm with Jay."

My eyes widened.  "You found him!?"

"Yes."

I started jumping up and down.  "Holy shit! Where is he?! Who cares? When is he coming home? When are you bringing him home? Why did he leave? Should I come there?"

He chuckled.  "Paul. Sit."

I sat Indian style on the floor. Never mind the fact there was a whole fucking couch right fucking there. "Sorry, sir."

"Jay is in Mexico teaching. He has a contract. He's got a month left and he's staying until then."

"Not by hisself!" I shouted rising to my feet. All I could imagine were cartels having shoot outs.  My poor sweet Jaeger in that Godforsaken place! He could get mugged!. He could be raped! My imagination started running wild. I needed to get there to protect my Jay.

"Paul. Voice. Sit."

Grr. He knows me too well. I sat back down with a huff. "But...sir-"

"Not by himself. I'm getting him a guard. He doesn't know that. Someone tried to snatch his back when I got here.  I'm sending you to retrieve him when it's time to come home."

A smile lit up my face. "Thank you, sir. Can I speak to him? I miss him so much."

"He's a little...worn out."

My eyes widened. Did he fuck Jay to death? I wouldn't doubt it. He's been pent up since our baby left. "Sir! You didn't?!"

He chuckled. "You know I can't help myself when it comes to Jaeger."

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. "Uh-huh. My poor Jay. I hope you held back."

"Hmmm? Sure."

"Liar." He sounded so guilty.  I sighed. "Tell him I love him."

"I will."

"Love you, sir. Goodnight."

"Love you too, Paul. Don't stay up too late studying."

"I won't. Bye bye." I hung up and let out a long deep sigh.

My baby's been found and he'll be home in a month. I swear to all that is holy, I'm going to make things up to him. I won't ever let him feel like he's the third wheel. He is the force that keeps us together, that keeps us striving to be more than we are, that soothes us and provides us comfort, that recharges and nurtures our souls. Without Jay we are nothing. I will spend the rest of my life showing him that.

*(Dannyk56) - Nothing is really talked about or solved in these chapters but they are to show that whatever the problems are, there is alot of love and a deep desire to fix it on all their parts.  If this clarifies anything at all.