Mother Knows Best

Paul:

Jaeger and I moved out of the condo and stayed with Jay's parents. We were both working on things for work and school when Jay got a video message from Candon's phone. When he opened it, he started crying. Wondering what got him so upset, I replayed it. My world felt like it was crumbling.

Lying on a bed was Candon with some brunette riding him. She was so loud moaning and calling his name. I was devastated.

When we showed up at Jay's parents looking sad and pathetic, they didn't ask us nything. They figured we'd tell them on our own. Two weeks after we left, Jay learned Candon quit the company. He sold the majority of his shares off and just left. I wasn't sure how to feel. The ceremony was off, Candon was missing, my professor was still under investigation, and Jay was an emotional wreck.

The only good thing was that my mother and I grew closer during this time. It was around May, two months after we left, that my mother finally asked.

"Paul, I know I'mprobably the last person you want to know but what happened?"

I sighed. "Candon cheated on us."

She gasped bringing her hands to her chest. "Oh, baby. I'm sorry." She squeezed my hand. "You guys were so in love."

We were quiet a moment. We were in love. So deep. I don't understand what went wrong. What did Jay and I do wrong? Were we too needy? Too dependent? Were we just the wrong gender? Not soft enough? Not feminine enough?

"Do you have proof?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and gave my mother a funny look. What did that matter? Then I remembered she'd been a legal secretary once and worked for some top shot lawyer. I showed her the video. At first she looked shocked. Then she replayed it. A frown crossed her face and she brought the phone closer to her eyes.

"Paul, did you look at this?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course we did."

"No. I mean really look at it." She replayed it and held it close to my face. "Look at Candon's face and body. Does it look like he's into this at all?"

I looked at the video trying to see what she saw. Candon was lying there completely naked. His hands were at his side completely limp and his eyes were closed like he was asleep. If Candon had been fucking for real he'd been more active. There's no way he'd keep his hands to himself. My eyes widened.

"Holy shit."

She nodded at me.

I quickly dialed Jay.  He was going to be pissed.

"Hey, blue eyes."

"Jay, we have to find Candon."

His voice got deep and for a second I swore I was speaking to Batman. "What the fuck for?!"

"I think Candon was drugged in that video."

"Paul," he groaned. I could hear his chair creak in the background as he leaned back.

"Baby, hear me out," I begged. " Look at the video again. Look at Candon's face and his hands. Think about what he's like with us during sex." I could hear Jay grumble as he pulled up the video. It took a few moments but then I heard,

"Fuck me raw."

I was racked with immense guilt. We never gave him a chance to explain. We just left. We didn't answer his calls or texts either. He was innocent.