Snakes in the Grass

Candon:

After the altercation in the office with my brother, I solidified a decision I'd been toying with since before Jaeger ran away. I was going to hand over my majority share of the company and start my own company. I was tired of my family. If they wanted the company so badly they could have it. Then we could all go on about our merry little lives. The stress just wasn't worth it. I was losing my boys because of it.

I started working the particulars sometime after Thanksgiving. A few of my buddies from the military were running a security and protection agency. They approached me before about handlng my own branch here where I lived. I would have control over the six states in my region. With my other business contacts, it would be quite prosperous for me. Less bullshit, more money, and more time with my boys. Why the hell not.

In my spare time I was conducting meetings and arranging clients. Redd and Quinn were going to be moving under my control once things were set in motion. Jay used his skills to help me acquire another office and get it set up although he didn't know what was going on. I was going to tell them after our ccommittment ceremony.

We already decided on a beachside location with our family and friends which consisted of other poly couplings and some doms and subs. We couldn't agree on a honeymoon. Or should I say, my boyfriends couldn't. Paul wanted skiing. Jaeger hates the cold. I suggested the beach and they both shot me down reasoning we were getting married on one. Then it occurred to me.

"Let's do both."

Jay was making a peanut butter and fluff sandwich. He looked up with the spreader stuck in the container. "Both?"

I shrugged. "Go skiing. Jay can hang out in the hot-tub all day while Paul kills himself on the slopes."

Jay giggled at that. Paul scowled at me. "What are you going to do?"

"Snowboard maybe. Build a snowman." I bit my sandwich. "I dunno."

"You sure?" Jay asked smashing the two pieces together.

"Mmhm." I winked. "Then we'll go to the beach for a bit. Work on our tans."

Paul snickered. "Yeah cuz Jay needs one."

"Black people tan too, yanno." Jaeger said rolling his eyes. Paul cooed him and tried to hug him but got a face full of peanut butter.

I fell out laughing. The look on his face! He was shocked and annoyed all at once. Jay backed up as Paul grabbed the fluff. This wasn't going to end well. Before I could say anything, there was a splat sound as fluff covered half of Jay's face. Paul ran behind me as peanut butter went flying at him. I didn't get out the way fast enough and felt it slap me in the forehead. Paul and Jaeger gasped in horror.

I wasn't mad. I wasn't going to tell them that.

I wiped the peanut butter off my forehead and turned to Paul. His eyes were the size of softballs. He backed up with his hands out.

"I'm so so so sorry, sir."

"Mmhm. Are you really?" I smacked the glob on the side of his face and smeared it all over him. Jay busted out laughing behind me. I turned to him and his laughter died off.

"S-sorry, daddy." He took a step back as I advanced on him. I dipped my hand in the fluff. He held his hands up to ward me off.

"Oh no you don't! Don'teven think of it, Candon!" I chased him around the island and tackled him to the floor. I smeared fluff all over his face and hair. Paul came up and put me in a choke hold with one arm smearing peanut butter all over my face with his free hand. Then it was an all out wrestling pb and fluff war. By the time we were done, we were breathing hard and the floor, cabinets, as well as us were covered in peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Ugh! What a nightmare to clean.

"That was fun."

I couldn't keep the smile off my face.  "My babies are so adorable."

Jay side hugged me tightly .  "You haven't laughed like that in a long time."

"None of us have," Paul hugged me on the other side.

I kissed the top of their heads.  It was true.  We needed more moments like this.  Once I got the new company up and running, I was going to make sure we had them.  "We need to more often."

"Agreed." Jaeger said licking my cheek.

I gave him a look.

"You had some fluff."

Paul licked the other one. "Peanut butter too."

I knew exactly what these two were doing. Can't say I didn't like it. "You two aren't slick."

"No?" Jay asked innocently rubbing my crotch.

Paul squeezed my butt. "I thought we were."

These two demons! I turned them both around and smacked them on their butts. "Bathroom. Now."

After wearing them both out in the shower and once more in the bedroom, I got a text from one of my brothers. Glen. Not Jeff. That asshole knew I'd beat his ass the next time I saw him for what happened in my office. Glen asked me out for dinner and drinks. I asked the boys if they wanted to go but they said they were going to work on some things so I headed out. Glen and I had a pretty decent relationship despite the business bullshit, so I thought nothing of it.

When I arrived at the restaurant, he greeted me with a hug and introduced me to a cute brunette. She was adorable and friendly and I thought she complimented Glen well. We had pleasant conversation and laughed throughout the dinner. I had a few drinks and by dessert I was feeling a little off. Glen brought me back to his house nearby to rest before going home.

"I'll text Jaeger and let him know you're not feeling well so he can come get you," Glen offered taking my phone.

I remember mumbling my thanks and that was all she wrote.

I woke up the next morning, still in his house, naked. Shock washed over me. Why was I still here? What the hell happened to me? Why was I naked? A thousand scenarios rushed through me and none of them good. I quickly got out of bed looking for my clothes. I found them in a chair near the bed. My wallet was there, all credit cards and money in place. But where was my phone?

I exited the room, determined to get the hell out of this nightmare and try to figure out what happened. I didn't see Glen or his girlfriend. I quickly hailed a cab and headed home. My stomach was in knots as I tried to piece together the night. 

 We had dinner, I felt sick, we went to Glen's, I passed out. That's all I could remember. Something in the back of my mind was telling me that wasn't all that happened. I just couldn't remember.  It was like a huge chunk of time was missing.

I paid the cabbie and raced up the stairs to our condo. When I opened the door, my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. There were two suitcases by the door. I walked inside and saw Jaeger lying with his head in Paul's lap and he was asleep. Paul wiped his eyes when he saw me.

Why was he crying.  "Paul?"

His beautiful blues held so much pain.  It made my heart ache.  "I guess we weren't enough for you," he said quietly.

I was panicking. What happened to my boys while I was gone? "What?"

He shook Jay lightly to wake him up and stood. "I'm sorry, sir, we were a disappointment. You could have just told us."

"Paul, what are you talking about?"

Jay stood and walked by me. "I thought things were going well. But I guess not." He took out his phone and opened a video clip. 

My jaw hit the floor.

*Oh no.  Just when things were going so well.