Chap 20 : The Charmer and His Lady

The Charmer and his lady

For the first time in last two week, Arnav was looking forward to this day. After all it was the day which Khushi wont be able to avoid him like last two weeks. It has been pathetic. Khushi coming to the same office but avoiding Arnav as if he doesn't exists. During the joint meeting he tried to communicate with her in professional level only to get her monosyllables back with few deliberate taunts. But unlike every other times Arnav enjoyed her fuming and angry looks that she threw on him constantly. He loved how her face used to turn red when he tried to pull her leg indirectly in the meeting. But no words come out from her mouth. After that horrifying incident where he said he loves his wife more than Khushi, which had been an out right, lie, he just couldnot forgive himself. And moreover when he asked her to get out her knew it was final nail to the coffin. But he was Arnav singh Raizada, and he knew that he will make her beg for him at the end. His gut feeling was that the passion, the desire that he had for her, she had the same urge to be with him. And past two weeks had proved that so. He had ofen caught her looking at him when he was engrossed in his office work, some times mutting something which was barely audiable and then her famous pout which melted his heart. If he wanted her would have taken her then and there and proved that he was right, that she wants him as much as he wants her. But he backed off thinking to give her sometime to settle down and let the reality hit her.

And the reality hit her every second. Be it staring at the white ceiling at night, feeling pathetically hollow not being in his arms, missing making breakfast for him. She almost had a panic attack not able to speak to him despite of working so close to him in the office and still managing to keep her hands off.

This was the day both were eagerly looking forward to. More than Khushi it was Arnav. After all it was the stone lying ceremony of their joint project and whether she liked it or not she have to stay close to him and give her interviews with him. He was the financer and the architectural firm where as hers was interior design. He held almost 70 percent of the stake in the project, so he had an upper hand always. If he wanted he would have null the contracted and given it to someone else. But he did not do it. It was not for her, she dismissed her tiny hope that he loved her as much as she did by thinking Arnav singh Raizada was a man of principles and he would never effect his professionalism by mixing it with his personal issues.

They had been lovers but they were colleagues too and she knew she was stuck with him till the project was over. It was her greatest opportunity to do something abroad and she would have been an emotional fool to walk out. If she could leave her past behind and be strong then she would be able to leave behind this Arnav singh Raizada bug from her life.

But this bug was more than anything for her. The more the days passed, the more she got restless about the whole fiasco.

**

"hey devi maiya rakhsha karna" Khushi looked at the sky then felt a slender arm wrapping her. Khushi looked at misha and smiled sheepishly. It had been worse for her. She fought with misha over Arnav many times in last two weeks and finally decided not to speak to her at all. But misha never let Khushi go away from her as she knew, it was misha who had to be with her when she had no one to confide. She also knew it was the toughest phase in Khushi's life and other than misha there was no one to make her understand. Unlike Khushi and Arnav, misha was quite aware of their chemisty. Not only chemistry but the hidden love between the duo. No matther how much Khushi denied the fact that Arnav doesnot love her, by the situation was screaming into her ears that no one in this world can love her more than Arnav. It was evident that the Casanova who had changed his boyfriends like clothers have not been advertised on the newspaper for past six months and no one had any clue about Khushi in his life. He had made sure to safe guard her moral at any cost and that proves a lot Even during last 2 weeks their had been no news about Arnav and his girl-friends which was again a proof that there had been none after Khushi.