chapter 7

Cas passed Dean and walked down the aisle. Dean caught a glimpse of Cas's face as he walked past, and Dean could swear that Cas looked a little bit flustered.

Dean, after a few shaky steps, got accustomed to the way the train moved. He followed Cas down the aisle. When they reached the end of the train car, there was a strange tunnel looking thing that lead into the next car.

There was a metal sliding door, that had a large button that read OPEN on it. Cas pressed the button and the door slid open, revealing a tiny tiny room. The room was barely 6 feet wide and 6 feet long, with accordion-style rubber on either side and a small black platform to stand on. Dean followed Cas onto the platform. Dean could feel the air blowing through the tunnel area as the train continued to chug along. Cas pressed the same OPEN button on a door that was on the other side of the platform. The door slid open and Dean followed Cas as he walked over to the next car.

They continued down the train for another 3 cars, and at the end of one car there was a staircase leading down to under where all the passengers were.

Cas went down the stairs and Dean followed him curiously. Lucky for Dean, it was the snack car.

"Hello, how can I help you?" A lady said, who was standing behind the counter. She was the snack lady, Dean decided.

"Hi, we're looking for some breakfast foods, if you have them." Cas said.

Snack lady walked down to the end of the counter and pointed at a display of pastries, muffins, yogurts, everything that was room temperature and colder that one could eat for breakfast.

"Thank you." Cas said, glancing at all the food. Cas looked over all the food thoughtfully, taking into consideration what he could afford and what he wanted. "I think I'm going to take a chocolate chip muffin. What about you, Dean?"

Cas glanced back at Dean, who picked up more food than he knew anyone was able to eat in a lifetime. He was holding a pie in his hands, and stacked on top of the pie was candy ranging from Snickers to Skittles, from Kit-Kats to jellybeans. He held two bags of mini-donuts as well as somehow managing to hold a drink, which Cas supposed was probably filled with a sugary drink. There were at least 4 bags of chips laying on the crooks of his arms. In his mouth were two bags of beef jerky.

Dean was staring at Cas with the happiest, most idiotic grin he had ever seen, which couldn't make Cas help but smile too.

Dean dropped all his food down on the counter, and pulled Cas's muffin into it. "Get yourself a drink, buddy." Dean said to Cas. "I'm paying."

As the snack lady rung up all the food that Dean had dropped Cas walked to the back of the car and used the coffee machine to make himself a cup of coffee. He finished it up and walked to the counter as the snack lady was ringing up all of Dean's food.

The snack lady scanned Cas's coffee last and said, "45 dollars and 53 cents. Cash or card?"

"Cash." Dean said, pulling a fifty out from his wallet and giving it to the woman.

"Here." The woman said, handing Dean a plastic bag. "While I get your change you may as well shovel all of your food into this bag."

Dean and Cas worked together to get all of the food into the bag. It was a tight squeeze but they managed it. Dean said a quick goodbye to the snack lady before they walked back up the stairs and into the main train cars.