chapter 24

Dean was back driving the Impala, Cas sitting in the passenger seat. They decided to start driving back east, to throw off the cops a little.

Cas and Dean were at the beach for hours. The only reason they decided to leave was because it was so cold and both of them were starting to go numb. They left, but not without Dean writing "I KISSED CAS" in the sand.

"Cas, I hope I didn't go too fast for you today." Dean said. "I just, I really like you and if the cops do catch up to us I wanted you to know."

"You didn't, Dean, I promise." Cas said. "I've wanted to kiss you since the train. I just was afraid you wouldn't like me."

"Well don't be afraid of that any more. I really like you. That's all that matters." Dean replied.

"It also kind of matters that we lose the cops that have been on our trail." Cas said.

"That's true. But I think that going east will help our case. If we keep going north then we get predictable. We gotta keep the cops on their toes." Dean said.

Dean and Cas passed a sign that said "Welcome to Idaho!".

"Wow, Cas now you can tell people that you have been to Idaho as well as Oregon." Dean said.

"Yeah," Cas replied, looking over at Dean. Cas immediately started to smile. There's no way that a boy like this could be this cute and this thoughtful and still like him. He's so lucky. So damn lucky.

Dean noticed Cas looking over, adoringly, at him. "Whatcha looking at there, baby?"

"I just like you so much." Cas said.

Dean reached over and grabbed Cas's hand, brought it to his lips and gave it a quick kiss. "I promise to one day give you a million kisses, just not when I'm driving."

"Yes, please don't crash us." Cas said.

The two boys drove in comfortable silence all the way to Boise, Idaho. A few times, Dean swore that he could see cops pass them. Every time he saw a cop car, he would panic a little bit. Now that Dean has Cas to kiss and hold, he didn't want any cops pulling them apart.

Dean found an old, really rundown motel straight off of the highway. It was crap, more crap than anything he's stayed at before, but it would work. Cas checked them into a tiny room with only one bed, but this time they didn't have to argue who would sleep on the floor.

Dean and Cas spent their time watching the tiny TV that came with the room. There was nothing good on the TV at all, so Dean and Cas used the time to catch up on all the physical intimacy they had missed. Dean held one of Cas's hands while the other held Cas very close to him. Cas was unfamiliar with this much intimacy, but Dean never did anything that remotely made Cas uncomfortable, and Cas liked the affection from a boy he liked so, so much.

Dean was scared of many things that evening. He was scared of the cops, he was scared of his dad, he was scared of being caught, he was scared of planes, but mostly he was scared of losing Cas. But Dean never let that feeling cover him, all while he held Cas as close as he could.

Eventually night fell and Dean and Cas slowly moved to the bed together. When they finally laid down, it was more comfortable. It was more familiar. Rather than trying to repress their feelings, both boys were able to openly express their feelings with each other. Cas laid his head on Dean's chest and they intertwined their legs and arms and everything else that they could.

Dean was starting to drift to sleep.

"Dean?" Cas asked.

"Yeah?" Dean replied sleepily.

"Do you think that you'll get caught?" Cas asked.

Dean thought about it and didn't respond for a moment. When he did, he was sure to hold Cas as close as possible. "I give myself about a 70% chance." Dean said. He could tell that he didn't say what Cas wanted to hear. "I think they'll pursue me for probably another week, and then they'll start to give up. But that one week is a long time, and they're cops. They've got a better shot at finding me than I do of getting away."

"Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll go with you if you get caught." Cas replied, looking up at Dean's face. They both shifted in bed so Cas was holding himself up with one arm, looking directly over Dean. "I swear it, I'll go to Kansas with you and live with you and Sam. I'll go anywhere as long as I'm with you."

"Aw... baby..." Dean said, being cut off by Cas pressing his lips to Dean's. It felt good and warm and even though it was probably the fiftieth kiss, it still felt as perfect as the first.

"I mean it." Cas replied.

"I don't want you to come with me." Dean said. "My dad... he'll be so mad. He'll probably beat me into the dirt. It wouldn't help if he sees me with a boy. I don't want you to go through that."

"But I don't want to lose you." Cas said, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

Dean reached up and stroked Cas's cheek. "I promise you won't. Even if we get seperated, I will find you. I promise. Over anything, I'll be with you." Dean leaned up and kissed Cas's nose.

Cas smiled, though tearfully. Everything he ever wanted was right here, and it was on the verge of being taken away from him. It doesn't matter what happened in the morning, or tomorrow, or ever because right here, right now, Dean Winchester was with him.

Cas kissed Dean passionately, more so than he ever had before. Dean welcomed Cas's touch. Cas shifted his weight so he was directly over Dean, laying over his body. "Is this okay?" Cas asked, still a tiny bit scared of doing something wrong.

Dean enjoyed the feeling of having Cas tower over him. "It's perfect, baby."

Cas smiled and leaned down to kiss Dean. When he did, Dean put his hands under Cas's shirt, right over his hips. Dean's hands were warm on Cas's torso, yet Cas still shivered under the touch. Cas came back up from the kiss. Cas put his hands on either side of Dean's head, holding himself up.

"I never want to leave you." Cas said. He couldn't bring himself to say the three words that he desperately wanted to. "I want this night to last forever."

Dean moved his hands to trace Cas's back. "We can make it last forever if you want."

"I really want it to."

Dean smiled, and Cas leaned down to kiss his lips again. But this time, Cas didn't lift himself up for a while.