chapter 26

Two weeks later.

Dean got back home to Lawrence two days later. Just as Dean predicted, his dad beat the living hell out of him for leaving. Sadly, it was where Sam was watching.

It's been two weeks at home. Two, horrendously painful weeks. Dean's dad barely let him leave his room. Which was fine by Dean, because there's no where Dean even wanted to go.

He didn't want to go back to school. He didn't want to get a job. He didn't want to go outside, or anywhere. Dean just wanted to be with Cas. And it's the one place he couldn't be.

Sam would come in and talk to Dean every night. Dean told him all the tales of the places he went, of the towns he saw, and even of Cas. Dean told Sam about how he fell in love with a blue eyed boy, how he got the necklaces and how they kissed on the beach. Dean told Sam about the night in the motel room (without going into too much detail of course), and about the morning at the grocery store and how he had to say goodbye. Dean hold Sam about how he'd never felt that way about another person, and about how he's never felt this heart broken in his entire life.

"But it'll be okay right?" Sam asked. "Because you said you'd find him?"

"That's the thing, Sammy." Dean said. "There's a lot of places that he could be. He could go back to the east coast, or he could go to Canada, or anywhere in between. I want to find him, but I'm a little scared that I'm not going to be able to."

"You will, Dean." Sam said. "It's true love. You're going to find him, you have to!"

"I'm glad you think so, kid." Dean said.

***

It had been two weeks since Dean abandoned him and that's all Cas could think about.

Cas knew that Dean loved him, but why couldn't he stay? Why couldn't he have even tried to run from the law? Why was he so quick to go back?

Cas tried not to think about Dean. He needed to find a place to settle down. A job, a life, a house. Even though Dean gave Cas a lot of money, it's been running out quickly. A car takes a lot of gas, and food costs money. Cas needed a permanent place to settle down for a while, so that's what he's been trying to occupy his mind with.

But Cas couldn't not think about Dean. About the way Dean smiled and laughed, or about the way he kissed. About the way Dean would drive the car, and that one time he did it while holding Cas's hand. He couldn't stop thinking about him, and about the way Cas loved him. His whole mind was just struck by it constantly. It was so painful, the way Cas felt. He felt abandoned, alone, and unloved. So whenever he did, he would just hold onto the little green necklace that he would never, ever take off.

Cas needed to find a place that Dean could find in five months. But where?