chapter 25

The morning came after a long night for Dean and Cas. They woke up when the sun started shining into their window.

At first Dean woke up and he groaned and stretched, only remembering that Cas was sleeping in his arms when Cas started to stretch as well. When Dean woke up, he was greeted with Cas's blue eyes staring at him with adoration.

"Good morning, baby," Dean said. Cas kissed his lips sleepily. "I had fun last night." Dean said between Cas's tired kisses.

Cas just smiled and kept kissing his boyfriend. His wonderful, sweet, amazing boyfriend.

"Where's all this affection coming from?" Dean said, having to pull back from Cas's insistent kisses.

Cas's heart dropped. "I'm so sorry, am I too much? Oh god I screwed up... I'm so sorry." Cas turned away.

"Oh, baby, no." Dean said, pulling Cas back to face him. "I'm not upset. I love getting this much affection, believe me I love it so much. I'm just wondering how you're so affectionate all of a sudden."

"I don't know, I just like that I have someone like you and I never want to stop kissing you." Cas said. "I could do it forever."

Dean sat up in the bed and Cas sat with him, facing each other. Dean grabbed Cas's hips and pulled Cas onto his lap.

"Oh!" Cas said, a little surprised by the movement. "Oh."

Dean put his hands on Cas's bare lower back. Cas went down to kiss Dean and Dean gladly accepted, holding Cas even closer and tighter. Cas wound his hands in Dean's hair.

The pair stayed like that until they couldn't any longer.

Dean got up slowly as Cas was still trying to keep Dean in bed.

"Baby, we gotta go somewhere. We gotta go get food." Dean said.

"Yeah, okay." Cas said, finally letting Dean leave the bed. Dean got up and put his shirt back on from where it had fallen on the floor. He touched his neck, ensuring that the blue necklace was still there. When Cas saw that motion, he did the same to his green necklace.

Both boys got dressed and ready for their day out. Dean decided that today they would go to a local grocery store to pick up some food so that they could live on the road for a while. When Cas was ready he went out to the Impala where Dean was already standing.

"Is my baby ready to go?" Dean asked.

"Yeah sorry it took so long-" Cas replied.

"I meant the car, Cas." Dean said. Cas gave him a confused expression. "I'm kidding!"

Dean walked to Cas and gave him a quick kiss before opening the passenger side door for him. Cas took a seat and Dean shut the door and went over to the drivers side. He started the car and pulled out of the motel.

Dean found signs that led him to a small but adequate grocery store in the town. He parked the car in the front of the store and locked the doors. "Just in case."

Dean and Cas walked into the grocery store and grabbed a cart. They walked around for a while, grabbing things that they figure they'd need on the road. Cas would grab a six pack of his favorite soda, and Dean would grab a bag of his favorite chips. They opted for some healthy options, too. Dean learned that Cas's favorite fruit was apples, so Dean grabbed a big bag of them to share on the road.

The store was eerily empty. Dean figured it was just because it was early on a weekday, and everyone was either at work or still asleep. But since the store was empty, it allowed Dean and Cas to hear everything that was going on.