chapter 28

Three days later, Dean arrived in Colorado. He pulled over to the side of the road and checked the map he had in his car. He saw where the train tracks were, where the small town was, and the stretch of highway between his location and that town. He tore down the highway, flying over the speed limit, trying to get to Cas any faster.

Dean arrived in the town a few hours later. His map wasn't detailed enough to help him out navigating these streets, so he had to do it himself.

Following the signs, Dean drove himself closer to all the tourist destinations. First it was a museum far away from where he needed, then a historical monument a few miles nearer. The finally, he found the downtown area.

Dean parked his car as soon as he could find a place. He knew he wouldn't be able to recognize anything just by driving, he had to relive the night in order to get to that house by the tracks.

He started out by finding the pizza place him and Cas ate at. And damn, it smelled so good.

"Once I find Cas, we're eating that pizza for the rest of our lives." Dean thought, smiling to himself. He liked the idea of spending the rest of his life with Cas.

Dean then traced his and Cas's steps down the sidewalk. He found the store where he purchased the matching necklace sets for him and Cas. Dean held onto his tightly, trying to use it as a signal to where Cas was.

Then Dean crossed the hotel where him and Cas stayed, feeling full of repressed feelings but growing into such close friends. God, Dean missed that. But soon, it could be every night, if he could just find...

The train tracks!

There they were! Between two buildings, he could see the glimpse of train tracks a few streets down. And there! He could barely make it out, but it was definitely a house. A house right by the train tracks.

Dean sprinted towards the house, crossing streets and apologizing to cars that had to squeal their brakes in order to not collide into Dean.

Dean kept running, his heart pounding and pounding in his chest, and then his throat, and then everywhere. It wasn't because of the running, it was because of Cas.

Dean finally came to the edge of the house's property. He stopped running, his breathing heavy. This was the moment he'd been waiting for. Five months of agony and abuse for this. Every worry flooded Dean's head.

"What if Cas doesn't live there? What if I screwed up and I spent the last of my money to get to a place where he isn't? What if it is him but he doesn't recognize me? What if he found someone else? What if he doesn't love me anymore?"

Dean shook his head, trying to clear his mind of the thoughts. He knew that even if the door opened and it's not the Cas he wanted, Dean had to find out. He stepped towards the door slowly.

Dean knocked on the old wooden door three times. The paint was peeling off severely, but it was a nice color. Dean could hear his heart beating louder than anything else. But the sound Dean was hearing wasn't just his own heartbeat.

There were footsteps moving around inside the house! Were they getting closer? Or was Dean's heart just on the verge of exploding?

The door creaked open, and Dean immediately recognized the two striking blue eyes standing before him.

It was him. It was Cas.

"Cas!" Dean yelled, forcing the door the rest of the way open and wrapping his arms around Cas.

"Dean!" Cas yelled, embracing Dean back just as tightly.

Just like that, the pair was reunited, and all was right with the two boys who had met on a train only six months ago, and fallen in love with each other.