chapter 18

"So, bad news." Cas said, walking back up to Dean who was leaning on the car.

"What is it? Are there no more rooms available?" Dean asked.

"There is, but they only have one tiny room with one twin sized bed."

"One twin size?! That's ridiculously small."

"Exactly. So what are we going to do? We can ask if there's a hotel nearby." Cas offered.

Dean sighed. "No, Baby needs a break. We're too far away from anything. We'll just have to stay in that room. If there's a floor, it will be fine for me. I've slept on the floor many times."

Cas shrugged. "I'll go in and get the key."

Right when Cas disappeared into the hotel Dean put his face into his hands. "Why couldn't you just say 'lets share the bed Cas because I think I'm falling in love with you'?" He whispered to himself.

"You coming, Dean?" Cas said, peeking his head back out the entrance of the hotel.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Dean said, grabbing his one bag of belongings and walking into the hotel.

Cas grabbed the key from the man sitting behind the desk and found the room. Right when Dean and Cas walked in, they realized that the room was smaller than either of them could have anticipated. In total, the room was probably about the size of the average bedroom. It had one twin size bed pushed into the very corner of the room, and a very small bathroom that was bascially the size of a closet, but with a sink, shower, and toilet in it.

"Wow, when he said it was small, he wasn't kidding." Cas said.

"Seriously." Dean said. "So I guess this means I'll take the floor."

When Dean looked down at the floor he noticed a variety of stains splattering it. He's never seen the color of some of the stains before.

"Um, no." Cas said. "This floor will probably give you an STD."

"Well I don't want to get all in your business when you're trying to sleep." Dean said.

"You won't." Cas said, taking off his trenchcoat and throwing it against a wall.

"Are you sure you're comfortable with that though?"

"I guess if you really want me to I can sleep on the floor-"

"No!" Dean interjected. "We can share the bed. It will be fine."

"If we're going to sleep tonight we should probably start now, since it's already eleven." Cas said, glancing at the small alarm clock in the room. Cas already sat down on the bed and was untying his shoes.

"Alright, let me just put my bag down somewhere and I guess... get into bed with you." Dean said, choking on the last few words.

"Are you going to make it this awkward the whole time?"

Dean put his bag against one of the walls and turned back around to Cas. "Probably."

"Well you'd better come sit here so then we can fall asleep faster and it will be less awkward."

Dean sat down next to Cas on the bed and started taking off his shoes.

"So... do you want to be next to the wall?" Cas asked.

"No, I'll take the other side." Dean said. He could feel his stomach knotting into an untiable mess of nerves.

"Okay, well don't blame me when you fall off." Cas said, pulling the covers out from under their legs. He scooted himself under the covers and laid down. "Wow, this pillow is really flat."

Dean took a deep breath and laid his head down next to Cas's. "You're right." Dean pulled the covers up over his chest. His legs were touching Cas's. His head was right next to him. How easy it would be for him to just lean over and hold Cas exactly the way he wanted to...

***

enjoy this okay-ish update until i get more time to write. this week was just absolutely fucking insane. writing this chapter reminded me how much i missed this book and story that i've created. so enjoy. next week you'll get some quality content :)

-theo