chapter 8

Cas and Dean were back in their seats at the end of the train car. Dean had gorged himself on so much food that he never thought he would eat again. Of course, Dean still had about half his pile left, which he decided he would either save for dinner or breakfast the next day.

"That's really unhealthy, you know." Cas said, looking at Dean with judgement.

"Well I'm finally on my own so I'm free to do whatever the hell I want." Dean replied.

"It's still not healthy."

"What are you some freakin health nut?" Dean asked.

"A little." Cas said. "I was raised in a family of health nuts so it kinda rubbed off on me."

"Man your family seems like no fun." Dean said.

"No fun at all." Cas said. "Maybe that's why I'm no fun at all."

"C'mon Cas you are fun! You just gotta learn how to live a little." Dean said.

Cas huffed. "Easy for you to say. You don't know how I was raised." Cas said, in a dreary and depressed tone.

Dean, worrying that Cas was on the edge of another shutdown, changed the subject. "Well how about we stop for the night?"

Cas looked at Dean curiously. "Stop? Where?"

"Wherever the train ends up at 5 pm tonight. Let's get off, spend the night in whatever city it is. Get a hotel room, then get back on the train in the morning." Dean suggested, making up his plan as he went along.

"Why would we want to do that?" Cas asked.

Dean shrugged. "For fun. We're teenagers. We should be allowed to have a little bit of fun. Plus you've been on this train for four days and if I don't get you on solid ground soon then I think that you'll forget how to interact with humanity."

"I don't have enough money to do that." Cas said.

"Then I'll spot you." Dean said. "Please, Cas. We'll have so much fun!"

Cas rolled his eyes in a playful manner. "Alright, I guess that'll be fun." Cas said, as he couldn't resist Dean when he sounded excited.

"Yes!" Dean said, a huge smile plastered on his face. "It's 10 am, in seven hours we'll get off this train and explore a brand new city!"

Cas was excited too, essentially just excited to be able to get away with Dean, for just a little bit longer.