Twenty-Five

just to clear up - dan's not alive or anything
he's like the voice in vic's head now
like vic's thoughts are just being narrated by him

also 2 in one day???? 2 in one MONTH? what a blessing my friends

also yikes this is confusing our boy is FUCKED up lol

-

I didn't know how long it was until I woke up again. Maybe a day or two? Maybe a whole week?

My head felt incredibly woozy - everything swimming in front of my eyes. I had to shut my eyes just to stop myself from throwing up because of how everything was just spinning.

God it felt like somebody had jabbed a knife between my eyes and had let it sit buried halfway into my skull. I could feel the throb in my head, feel the shocking emptiness coursing through my veins.

Why couldn't I feel the familiar twinge of magic? Why was everything so... cold?

I couldn't sit up, my body was too heavy for that. My limbs felt like  they were being tied down with weights and my spine felt as if somebody had ripped it out and reattached it upside down.

I felt awful.

I had never been in this much pain or discomfort before and it was scaring me. I couldn't sit up, couldn't move, couldn't think. What if somebody came and attacked me? I'd be completely helpless to them.

What if the council tracked me down and in my barely conscious state just ended all the conflict I had caused for them?

Oh god. Was I going to die like this?

I would have cried in fear if I wasn't so incapacitated. I felt empty.

Shame, poor Vic. Alone again and BROKEN.

No. No not him. I couldn't handle him right now. Not in this state.

You can't even think coherently, can you? No worries. I'm always going to be right here for you.

Please go away. Please. Not while I'm like this. I don't know what's happening to me.

Why do you feel so sore, Vicky? Where ARE YOU?

Where am I? Where am I? I don't know. Please go away. Please leave me alone.

Come on, darling. Open your eyes. You're vulnerable like this. Anybody could kill you and you've pissed off SO many people.

I can't open my eyes. Everything... looks funny. I can't see.

What have you done? What have you done to yourself?

I don't know. What's happened to me? What's wrong with my body? Why can't I move? Why can't I see?

What's happened to you? You used to be so strong and intimidating. Now look at you. What have you done to yourself?

Why can't I move Dan? What's happened to me? What's wrong with me? Please help me. Please I don't want to die like this. I have to find Kellin and fix him.

So let me get this straight... If you find Kellin and fix him... you'll be happy to die right after?

Yes. I'll die after I know I've righted my mistake. Let me fix him and I'll die immediately. Don't let him die because of me. Let me fix it.

You're scared. I can feel it. It's like you're back in the dungeons. Remember? When you had detention there that one time? They locked you up in that small cell and you couldn't breathe. Remember the panic attack you had? It's made you scared of small spaces, that place.